Modify Scoring system

Guest Meth Rage

To encourage some team play I think you should make it so you get zero points for killing someone with the same occupation when using a teamplay occupation, one point for killing someone who isnt an enemy or team member, two points for killing an enemy occupation, and you lose a point every time you die.

Scoring system will be along similar lines to that when all the teamplay elements we hope to include are erm, included :) The careers are really only a guide, as I'm sure you've noticed a large number of people are quite happy to kill anyone be they the same career as themselves or not and treat the career options more as 'Classes', (although on smaller servers some Career Team play is evident), choosing whichever set of weapons/locations/vehicles suits thier current mood or playing style best.

the only way the score system should be modified is that they should make deaths count as -1. that way deaths actually affect ur score, and any person cant just play for a couple of hours and get over 100

Lol can you think of many games where your death subtracts from your score Betty :P? I mean suicides counting as -1, that's logical and it's there in many FPS's, but every time you die you should lose a point? Why?

Anyway, who fuc,kin cares if you get 100? Or 200 or whatever? High scores are normal and you see it happening in many games pretty quickly too. For example, I just got off playing some 6 on 6 UT2k4 ONS and my final score was like 54 after 10:48. I know UT2k4 and MTA aren't one and the same, but point is ppl who can play fast and know how to kill (and obviously it's those kinda ppl you're suggesting this for) will get their scores up quickly enough one way or another, regardless of penalties and such rules. This would only end up making newbs' lives hell and giving half the ppl on a serv negative scores. Just think of all the bitching we'd get while playing on top of the usual "you cheat! No! YOU cheat!....".

Bad idea man...

it would make a point to dying. right now any old n00b can sit on a server for a long time and get a high score quickly just by running into every fight. perhaps making a penalty for deaths (besides u losing ammo) will make people think more creatively then just having a huge robber war

it would make a point to dying[...]

There's already one: you lose all your hard earned ammo and are forced to respawn probably in some remote location and far from any action.

[...]right now any old n00b can sit on a server for a long time and get a high score quickly just by running into every fight.[...]

Even if what you proposed was instituted, ppl would still run into every fight and they'd still get high scores. It'd just take them a bit longer and everyone would only pick on the newbs.

[...]perhaps making a penalty for deaths (besides u losing ammo) will make people think more creatively then just having a huge robber war

Ppl aren't gonna think more creatively or generally change their mentality because of any rules change you might impose on their gameplay. Everyone's gonna exercise their right to free playstyle as they do now and you'd end up back in the same place you are now. To stop robber wars, you need to give some team-oriented objectives to the ppl and add more modes to the game, so until that comes along (which is probably gonna be in the next MTA version), nothing will change that.

Either way, any kind of gameplay would probably involve shooting, killing and dying. So in the end the notion of a penalty for dying just sounds stupid to me. We do value our virtual lives as it already is, believe me ;).

Team Play is a wonderful thing but it being based on class of character is silly, some of the best teamwork I do invovles me changing classes on the fly for advantage of spawn location and weaponary available cars and such. now if you wanted the classes to be team you'd need a mode where team killing is penalized with a -1 for team killing w/ respawn time growth and eventual ban for going over the team kill limit, that would be enforcable.