[WIP] The Sims MTA

Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments.
Looks good to me.

Suggestion:

Use onClientPreRender for smooth camera movement if it's based on vehicle/player offset position.

Yes thanks, I didn't know what were the difference between theses two events.

If someone want to contribute to this gamemode, I really apreciate that.

Actually, I need basic things like 3D walls. (Yes, it's very simple...). I can make it with 3Ds Max but I can't export it for GTA:SA.

If someone have some minutes to spend on it.

There is:

3Ty3W.jpg

And thanks again for all your comments.

Regards,

FatalTerror.

Preview.png

Also exported vertex colors so that models don't appear too bright at night. I have not tested it in game so if anything doesn't look like it should let me know. I think 4 meter for height is too high because CJ is ~2m tall but I still made it. Picot point is in the corner of each model for easier alignment.

Download: http://scripteditor.beta.mtasa.com/arch ... _walls.zip

Good luck!

Also exported vertex colors so that models don't appear too bright at night. I have not tested it in game so if anything doesn't look like it should let me know. I think 4 meter for height is too high because CJ is ~2m tall but I still made it. Picot point is in the corner of each model for easier alignment.

Good luck!

That's perfect. Thank you!

There is a preview of the build system (just the start):

I also started on a Sims Project but i'll think i wait for your one instead :o I really hope you good luck!

http://www.mtasims.wordpress.com (my project, its kinda based on Sims 1 GUI but ye)

I would maybe like to help anyways with something if that's possible!

I never say no to a little help. And your Sims project looks pretty cool too.

Regards,

FatalTerror.

Can't wait to see it :3

Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments.
Looks good to me.

Suggestion:

Use onClientPreRender for smooth camera movement if it's based on vehicle/player offset position.

Yes thanks, I didn't know what were the difference between theses two events.

If someone want to contribute to this gamemode, I really apreciate that.

Actually, I need basic things like 3D walls. (Yes, it's very simple...). I can make it with 3Ds Max but I can't export it for GTA:SA.

If someone have some minutes to spend on it.

There is:

3Ty3W.jpg

And thanks again for all your comments.

Regards,

FatalTerror.

Preview.png

Good luck!

Good job, 50p :)

Good luck!

That's perfect. Thank you!

There is a preview of the build system (just the start):

I also started on a Sims Project but i'll think i wait for your one instead :o I really hope you good luck!

http://www.mtasims.wordpress.com (my project, its kinda based on Sims 1 GUI but ye)

I would maybe like to help anyways with something if that's possible!

I never say no to a little help. And your Sims project looks pretty cool too.

Regards,

FatalTerror.

Looks cool so far :> I was wondering what time of day was it when you were recording the video? I see these models are a bit too bright, so maybe the vertex colors didn't get exported. If you want more texture variety then you can also replace other IDs and applying new .txd to them.

Looks cool so far :> I was wondering what time of day was it when you were recording the video? I see these models are a bit too bright, so maybe the vertex colors didn't get exported. If you want more texture variety then you can also replace other IDs and applying new .txd to them.

When I start the models, they were too bright. I change the original texture and I put one a bit more dark. The wall was almost white.

Night:

3Ve46.jpg

And day:

3Ve2R.jpg

And for texture variety, it will not be huge? If it exceeds 20~40mb, the player will not wait for it.

I don't know if we can apply a image in to a object via shaders (as say Noneatme). I don't know much about shaders.

The idea for use dxDrawMaterialLine3D to cover the wall cross my mind but It will be probably laggy.

Need to think about that. If you have ideas, just say it.

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate your support.

Regards, FatalTerror.

Shader way:

.FX file:

texture gTexture; 
technique TexReplace 
{ 
    pass P0 
    { 
        Texture[0] = gTexture; 
    } 
} 

Lua import:

texture1 = dxCreateTexture ("images/wall1.png") 
texture2 = dxCreateTexture ("images/wall2.png") 

shader1 = dxCreateShader ( "shader.fx" ) 
shader2 = dxCreateShader ( "shader.fx" ) 

dxSetShaderValue ( shader1, "gTexture", texture1 ) 
dxSetShaderValue ( shader2, "gTexture", texture2 ) 

engineApplyShaderToWorldTexture ( shader1, "texturename", theCreatedObjectElement) 
engineApplyShaderToWorldTexture ( shader2, "texturename", theCreatedObjectElement) 

To find out the "texturename", you can use https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Sha ... ture_names

For theCreatedObjectElement you can use therefor the created object ofcourse, so it won't apply on all houses in the world.

Regards,

Danny

@FatalTerror,

As mentioned, you can use either shader (denny199's example should do the trick) or texture archives (.txd) simply create a new .txd with the texture names the same as mine (open .txd to check the names), then you can replace other model IDs with the custom models and apply that new .txd. These are just 3 textures (2x 128x128 and a 64x64) so the size shouldn't be too big.

As I can see from the screenshots the vertex color doesn't seem to work properly. You shouldn't darkening the texture to fit because the texture is dark enough, it's vertex color that needs to be sorted (I added an example at the bottom of this post). I made it so that walls outside should be darker than the walls inside during the night. I'll try to export them again. Also, is it just me or your script, in the video collisions don't seem to work?

Overlaying with dxDrawMaterialLine3D is not ideal, it would be way too many calculations and pointless since there are other ways (mentioned above)

bad_good_vertex_color.png

Shader way:

.FX file:

texture gTexture; 
technique TexReplace 
{ 
    pass P0 
    { 
        Texture[0] = gTexture; 
    } 
} 

Lua import:

texture1 = dxCreateTexture ("images/wall1.png") 
texture2 = dxCreateTexture ("images/wall2.png") 

shader1 = dxCreateShader ( "shader.fx" ) 
shader2 = dxCreateShader ( "shader.fx" ) 

dxSetShaderValue ( shader1, "gTexture", texture1 ) 
dxSetShaderValue ( shader2, "gTexture", texture2 ) 

engineApplyShaderToWorldTexture ( shader1, "texturename", theCreatedObjectElement) 
engineApplyShaderToWorldTexture ( shader2, "texturename", theCreatedObjectElement) 

To find out the "texturename", you can use https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Sha ... ture_names

For theCreatedObjectElement you can use therefor the created object ofcourse, so it won't apply on all houses in the world.

Regards,

Danny

Yes, that's perfect. Thank you Danny !

You can create a shader for every texture.

I made a class for that, its very simple: (Here I'm trying to replace the map with DotA 2 textures)

http://pastebin.com/RTDyQ4Zp

self.texShaders[katName] = {} 

And of course, if you convert the textures to a .JPEG image, the file size of a texture will not be more than 50 kb.

I'll see your class if I've time. (I didn't use for the video below, post too late)

Try these now (only DFFs): http://scripteditor.beta.mtasa.com/archives/MTA_Sims_walls_dffs.zip

They should work much better now but like I said I haven't tested them myself, anyway good luck!

Thanks ! I tested it and it's much better.

3Vo7I.jpg

3Vo8Y.jpg

There is the build editor with different textures:

(

) Edited by Guest
Well done, and no problem, are you also adding the single wall building, and a second floor?

What are your plans after scripting the building editor?

For the single wall build, if you mean, wall by wall of course It will be added. (And it's allready, need some edits (if the wall meet another one, etc...))

For the floors, I've searched for an object in the GTA list that will looks good for this but can't find it.

If I succeeded to create a 3D stairs, then i'll add it.

I'll finish that build mode and start to make the shop mode (couch, tv, etc..) and make it interact them with the player.

(I update the first post with the tasks to do).

Regards,

FatalTerror.

Looks nice. That windows and doors creation is cool and so seamless. I wanted to make the floor model but I didn't know what size since I didn't know if the house will be just square/rectangle or in other shapes.

I'll pop and visit this topic from time to time to see how it goes. Good luck.

This walls overlaps at each and in my opinion walls should be bigger, because if house haven't roof then players can jump into ;P

Houses will have roof so it's not a huge problem.

Just for hive you news about the project, I've made a "speed scripting" if I can say that, of me making the login panel.

There he is:

(

)

I'll make a speed scriptings when I'll make an important thing for the gamemode.

Edited by Guest

Hi everybody, I just finish the login panel with ped clothes and I want to show it to you.

There is:

Plus, I was working on the world The Sims MTA generator and I choice a simple way to do that.

Generate the whole world in square, I mean, each square in the map(below) represent a house.

3ZkG2.jpg

Edit: width: 2m - 8m - 2m height: 15m

In the main screen, there will be a huge map like this one where the player could explore it to see where players are etc.

I still thinking how I could do this map.

For generate the world, I need roads. It's the main element to that. I try with some GTA roads but It didn't looks how I want.

So, if someone wanna contribute, here:

3Zlab.png

And as always: Regards, FatalTerror.