something neat!

ahh just learned something i used to get this bad lagg when entering and leaving a car and while driving past someone shooting could be cause my crappy system. well i tabbed out and accidently closed out explorer thinking i was closing iexplore well anyways i left it as is went back in game guess what? game runs smoooth! to turn it back on all ya do is hit applications and then new task and type in explorer.exe in xp (explorer) is your shell that shows all your menus like starbar and icons so when you kill it your stuff will poof unless its in front of your screen. what you can do is alt-tab to what ever app you want to bring up :)

:Edit: wana know something funny? on my system explorer uses 130,160k and vice city uses 140,120k so its allmost like running 2 copy's of vice city :shock:

dude thats :0 SWEET, i never knew that u could shut down explorer to make things run faster before thanx for incresing my knowledge on that one dude, il have to try it :D

lol ya i know that, but i didnt know that it was safe to disable explorer. i always thought that everything needed it to run. hell ya learn something new every day eh :P