Need some gamemode ideas :)

=FAS=Shigawire

Hello guys,

Here we are. With an empty server. Time to change that a bit, so why not scripting a new gamemode?

Scripting is no problem, the only problem is the type. What kind of gamemode? RP servers are enough, especially with Simbad's server. Team elimination (Stealth etc..) is already scripted. Not enough players, from time to time getting a little bit annoyed to wait all the time for spawning. Race is more or less attractive.

So i need your ideas :D

I would like to insert PED functions.

Maybe making some missions for the players, delivering things here and there... A little bit shooting and so on. Maybe in attachment to a website, where the players can buy upgrades (e.g. more bullets) for money, they gained ingame. But i am missing the great idea :D

So i could need some help :)

Btw. Is this the right section? Scripting..? or should it be General discussion...

C ya,

Shiga

CO-OP

That would be cool with peds. Make singleplayer missions in lua but then designed for more players. Multiplayer CO-OP.

Quite hard to make i guess. :P

Tried scripting peds once... Holy cow that's hard... :P

Hmmm... How about... Tower defence? (saw it on my desktop :P)

Anyway, maybe something like a Rhino deathmatch? Would be kind of cool to see, especially with that rhino damage script somewhere on this forum. Works dang well! :D

I don't think that peds should get an important roles, at least not with the current ped functions as the movement is synced locally-only, and it's very hard to script that, as peds can't be moved in the simplest way like with function setPedMoveTo(ped,x,y,z); Moreover, peds can't use guns, so co-op would be available in vehicle only; But they perfectly fit to simple roles, like goods seller NPC and so on; though, it's more like for rp roles :P

CO-OP

That would be cool with peds. Make singleplayer missions in lua but then designed for more players. Multiplayer CO-OP.

Quite hard to make i guess. :P

i have though of this many times, but the sp missions are impossible, well not impossible but it wouldnt come so good,in a few missions an extra player/s dosent really fit quite well =/ but it would be a nice try!

+1

Lol, but how long will the Rhine Deathmatch be played :D

CO-OP sounds good..

This should be merged into mta itself if it goes well, like in the menu of mta

Uhh, i see it comin, RP :S

Maybe rebulding BF2 :D or Americas Army. But this is only working with ~20 players and more. Maybe it will be possible to import CS maps some day :shock:

Leave BF2 to Gamesnert ;)

Oh, he is making a BF2 Gamemode? great :D

But i am still not convinced...

I will think about that tonight.

You might have heard from it, BFSA. And well, it's not completely BF2, but a bit in the style of it. It isn't THAT far in development (although it has been a few months ago since I started this project... I'm REALLY slow in scripting... >.<) but when there are enough people, you'll enjoy it. :) Currently I'm developing it on the Nightly builds, but still have an old DP2 version. I might start the DP2 server tomorrow or something, in the week after, I'm on a holliday. (again :P)

Anyway this is not about me and my gamemode. So you may also make your own if you want, I have no problems with it. But don't copy too much from me, and preferably only do it if there's no other gamemode for you to make. ;)

Otherwise you may try San Andreas - Real Time Strategy! Yay! :P Would be pretty cool, as long as it's balanced. :P