How come most of the severs I look at are always empty?

Deepercutt

Question

Hello there everyone I'm new here and I download MTA not to long ago (I was getting sick of SAMP crashing on me) I've been having a lot fun with the MTA servers but I wanna know...

every time I try to search for a sever to play on most of them are empty, and the same severs are the only ones that have players (like about 15 to 20 player) snf it makes me wonder why is this game so empty? I makes it hard to find anything new (I get bored with the same server over and over again) and everything that looks interesting is empty!

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the version I downloaded (I got MTA:DM and MTA:RACE but they're both the same) I downloaded them at the front page of this site, Is mine the right version or am I missing something here...

a little guide would really help me! ^^

oh... sorry if this is in the wrong category...

7 answers to this question

I guess MTA still doesn't have as large a player base as SA-MP has, because it's [MTA is] a bit more demanding in terms of system resources, and because it can be a bit harder to get into than SA-MP... So the players who ARE online seek to their favorite servers, and the other servers are left empty.

That it does. As for me, I was tired of SAMP when I remembered having heard about MTASA, so I decided to try it out. I was lucky to start playing in a nice server in a nice period, not much desync etc and only minor lag issues... I had one problem though: MTA SA was INCREDIBLY crash-prone and when it did, since it hogged the whole PC, I couldn't see shit of what I was doing. Luckily I finally got some help with the matter (I have dual core CPU and had to set Core Affinity for MTA) and could REALLY get down to playing...

I think this lag and instability is what makes people lean more towards SAMP. It is suckier, but also

more stable. MTASA has a number of annoying quirks, like the crashes, the ALT-TABing, complicated to understand at first (at least for me.. I was like "Developer Preview? WTF?"... :oops: ) , desync and lag... Once those are fixed, we are well on our way to world domination!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAA *cough cough* HAHA! :redhotevil:

MTA never seems to crash for me, only once. I think you guys are already dominating you just need to add a little more variety and attention if you wanna keep it up! :D

Samp always crashed for me and lagged a lot some times so I am much happier with this product! :happy7:

Well, people have also put a lot more work into samp.

Samps had scripting features the whole time. Everyones worked on some kind of game mode, and they've put in a lot of time into samp. They're not just gonna up and switch mods.

Sure, MTA is better than samp in terms of sync, but imho, the MTA team waited way to late to release their mod. That and they didn't release a version of their map editor during their first few releases, which is also a reason most people lost interest in MTA. I think most people think "hey, why wait for it if we already have samp". Kinda sad really =/.

Sure, MTA is better than samp in terms of sync, but imho, the MTA team waited way to late to release their mod. That and they didn't release a version of their map editor during their first few releases, which is also a reason most people lost interest in MTA. I think most people think "hey, why wait for it if we already have samp". Kinda sad really =/.

Hey! First of all MTA took two years and sa-mp camo out straight away only follows up to two reasons:

1. sa-mp had some source of sa before sa had even come out.

2.MTA took two years to make it much more stable and less lag and stuff, c'mon you cant say it wasnt worth the waiting! :wink: