MTA:VC 0.5

Trules1

Question

And now in english? :P

I dont speak german but let me try!

you have installed mta 0.5 and everything went ok, you played on saturday, sunday, and monday there were no servers anymore. (hah i didnt use a translator)

Well thats because the ASE (All Seeing Eye) master server is down (that was the server which gived you a list of all servers)

i'm affraid you cant use it anymore

And now in english? :P

I dont speak german but let me try!

you have installed mta 0.5 and everything went ok, you played on saturday, sunday, and monday there were no servers anymore. (hah i didnt use a translator)

Well thats because the ASE (All Seeing Eye) master server is down (that was the server which gived you a list of all servers)

i'm affraid you cant use it anymore

When a fix for the current MTA releases is made available, why not implement it and make a MTA 0.5.1? No fixes, except to replace the ASE issue. This would give hope to the MTA 0.5 community and allow the administrators to find a reason to bring more support back to MTA 0.5 some day for a future release! :)

When a fix for the current MTA releases is made available, why not implement it and make a MTA 0.5.1? No fixes, except to replace the ASE issue. This would give hope to the MTA 0.5 community and allow the administrators to find a reason to bring more support back to MTA 0.5 some day for a future release! :)

Betting and knowing aren't the same thing. In fact, I've spoken with them and they are actually considering now either beginning work on the project again, or releasing the source of it after the MTA: SA DP3 release. I hope everything works out! :)

Betting and knowing aren't the same thing. In fact, I've spoken with them and they are actually considering now either beginning work on the project again, or releasing the source of it after the MTA: SA DP3 release. I hope everything works out! :)

Interesting news. Did they say they were considering fixing the server browser, or considering continuing development of the actual mod?

And which developers did you speak to?

Interesting news. Did they say they were considering fixing the server browser, or considering continuing development of the actual mod?

And which developers did you speak to?

I won't go into details at this time, but I spoke with 2 developers/admins, one of which spoke to a third who helped lead the project. They aren't sure of the route they may take if they do in fact continue development, but I'm sure the browser issue will eventually be fixed if one of the two actions is taken, since MTA: SA DP3 will need the exact same fix anyway...

I won't go into details at this time, but I spoke with 2 developers/admins, one of which spoke to a third who helped lead the project. They aren't sure of the route they may take if they do in fact continue development, but I'm sure the browser issue will eventually be fixed if one of the two actions is taken, since MTA: SA DP3 will need the exact same fix anyway...

Until you give me the name of the developer, it's hard to believe as it's contrary to what they've been saying over the years. Releasing the source code is possible, providing they have it, but they won't continue development. And if you weren't told by a developer, I wouldn't take it seriously at all.

Re: Regarding the future of MTA: VC

Sent at: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 pm

by eAi

We'd love to do it, but we really don't have enough manpower to do it right now. If we had a couple more developers we might be able to consider it I guess. Once we have DP3 out, we'll discuss it and see if we think it's feasible. No promises, but we'll do our best.

Re: Regarding the future of MTA: VC

Sent at: Thu May 08, 2008 12:30 pm

by Blokker_1999

First off, sorry for the late reply. Real life caught up with me and I have not been active in the community anymore.

We never abandoned GTA3:MTA or MTA:VC because of to few players but simply because we followed the GTA franchise. San Andreas came up and we have been focussing on SA ever since.

Blue was the codename for the third generation of MTA and development started on Vice City. Back in those days we even started a port to GTA III codenamed MTA:Green, both using the same server codenamed Spearhead. The focus of Blue has always been to build a modular system so we could switch to new games or implement new scripting languages. Even back then the focus was to be modular. But since then a lot has changed and virtually nothing of the code from back then has survived.

Even while we were working on MTA:SA we also wanted to make one last version for GTA III and VC. MTA 0.5.5 took a lot of work but was never finished. It ran almost perfectly on GTA III but due to bad coding it was getting worse on VC then 0.5. At a certain time we beleived it was impossible to fix the code in any reasonable time and that we had to start back from the 0.4 branch to make 0.5.5 playable and so we abandoned all hope and refocused on MTA:SA.

I have talked to Ijs about your request and he will have another look at releasing the source of MTA:VC but alsi immediately warned me about the bad shape it is in. If we release it and someone does decide to make a next version he/she will have a lot of work to do just to clean it up.

Here's a MTA gaming community's discussion on it as well: http://www.argonathrpg.eu/index.php?opt ... ic=14633.0

IJs has recompiled the client with my update once, but it didn't work (the game did not load completely) for some reason. I will probably wait for the completion of DP3 before contacting IJs again about it. I will also ask him about doing something about the server browser as well as adding support for the Steam versions of VC + III.

IMHO the MTA team should update MTA 0.5 or release source. Maybe some good peoples will update it. Im sure the MTA team tell something like "if source code will be released, there will be a lot of cheaters." - but IF you care about cheaters why you cant update 0.5? I think noone from players cares about cheaters now, because this multi is dead (im talking about GTA3:MTA). If there are no players, cheaters can play. Now tell me what is better: empty servers? or lots of cheaters and normal players?