Vertex Alpha

burjan

Hello. The script for exporting a model with texture blending Vertex Alpha is still available for download, the previous link does not work. And one question. After exporting the models, and there are two of them in the ide and ipl maps, do you need to send two objects to the same place? Help me please.

5 hours ago, Tut said:

Я думаю, что каждый скрипт, кроме оригинального Кама, способен экспортировать альфу вершин.

Я не уверен в вашем вопросе об IPL/IDE. Также вы модифицируете GTA или MTA?

export made using DFF_IO from kams script.
Screenshots attached below. It is interesting that from a certain angle it looks more or less good, but if you change the camera angle and look from the other side, then some kind of white transparency appears. I'm doing it all in single player gta sa. I want to change the landscape. As I understand it, it works like this. One model, green grass in my case goes as the main one - the bottom layer. The second model with vertex paint which with brown grass goes a little higher than the first one. I understand correctly? Does it work like this?

https://ibb.co/4KZFGLG

https://ibb.co/RBwBGjc

https://ibb.co/b3MgpvG

5 hours ago, Vinyard said:

Привет, добро пожаловать на форумы!?

Это похоже на вопрос о моделировании, поэтому ваша тема была перемещена в этот раздел.

Hello. Understood, thanks!

• Administrators

Make sure that the vertex alpha model has flag 68 in its .ide file, and that the main model doesn't have flag 4 in its .ide, as if it did then it could cause rendering conflicts

15 hours ago, Tut said:

Убедитесь, что вершинная альфа-модель имеет флаг 68 в своем .ide-файле, а основная модель не имеет флага 4 в своем .ide-файле, иначе это может вызвать конфликты рендеринга.

I understand. Do you always need to use two models overlaying one on top of the other, or can you do it all with one model? just cj running through the area with vetrtex alpha as if passing through it along the way that the object is slightly higher than the previous one. And is it possible to mix three or four textures at once on one model, or should there be a separate model on top for each blend?

• Administrators

When an object has flag 68 (4 = transparent, 64 = no z buffer) it should not be an opaque model, so you will always want to have an opaque base model for the main terrain and a secondary model for the terrain alpha blend. I am not sure if you need separate models for each blend when using multiple layers, but it is worth trying merging all alpha blends into 1 blend model (though, still separate from the base model) and see if that works. I suspect it works but you may run into some render order issues.

Edited by Tut
33 minutes ago, Tut said:

Когда объект имеет флаг 68 (4 = прозрачный, 64 = нет z-буфера), он не должен быть непрозрачной моделью, поэтому вам всегда нужно иметь непрозрачную базовую модель для основного ландшафта и вторичную модель для альфа-смешения ландшафта. Я не уверен, нужны ли вам отдельные модели для каждого смешивания при использовании нескольких слоев, но стоит попробовать объединить все альфа-смешивания в 1 модель смешивания (хотя и отдельно от базовой модели) и посмотреть, работает ли это. Я подозреваю, что это работает, но вы можете столкнуться с некоторыми проблемами порядка рендеринга.

ie the second model should always be a little higher? I tried to do it again. The bottom main layer has no flag ( 0 ). The second top model has flag 68 but still the same problem. From one angle it looks good, from another with white transparency. Maybe I'm not exporting correctly?

57 minutes ago, Tut said:

Когда объект имеет флаг 68 (4 = прозрачный, 64 = нет z-буфера), он не должен быть непрозрачной моделью, поэтому вам всегда нужно иметь непрозрачную базовую модель для основного ландшафта и вторичную модель для альфа-смешения ландшафта. Я не уверен, нужны ли вам отдельные модели для каждого смешивания при использовании нескольких слоев, но стоит попробовать объединить все альфа-смешивания в 1 модель смешивания (хотя и отдельно от базовой модели) и посмотреть, работает ли это. Я подозреваю, что это работает, но вы можете столкнуться с некоторыми проблемами порядка рендеринга.

seems to have solved the problem. I made GTA material as indicated by instructions, transparency 230-210. But when I set it to 255, that is, without transparency, everything is displayed well.

• Like 1