Maximum number of players possible

Sowban

Question

Hello family

I  just want to know what is the maximum number of players allowed for an MTA server according to the latest MTA update and the latest possible methods? I know a server with a capacity of 1000 people, is it possible to exceed this number?

spacer.png

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Is this number available by default ? or you have to use a special method to reach it ?

And if we have a powerful server, it is possible to support more people?

On 20/03/2022 at 13:19, -ffs-PLASMA said:

Maxplayers limit is 4096

?

2 hours ago, Sowban said:

Is this number available by default ? or you have to use a special method to reach it ?

And if we have a powerful server, it is possible to support more people?

https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/blob/c58c3678f263d810f61eb5aecba48e6c4b4dce0c/Client/mods/deathmatch/logic/Config.h

Each new player that joins the server will increase the CPU usage of the server since every player needs to be synced. If you have an slow machine, bad done (or demanding) resources you could be having problems to even reach 50 players.

Avoid element datas and calling triggerEvents with the source being root. For maximum potency you should have 4 threads of your CPU only being used for your MTA Server (since MTA has different threads for different things, one for RakNet, one for Sync, one for Logic and one for the databases).

I don't think I have ever seen a server with more than 1500 players, and I don't think it would be a good idea either. Having three servers with 500 players each works best in my opinion.

• Like 1