Sniper suggestion

i was looking at some screenshots in the other threads and i noticed some players with the sniper aiming at people...

one small suggestion which i dont think would take much work and would be a great feature,

when you have the sniper gun in your hand, take out the dot on the radar, the blue arrow on top of you, (and/or anything else that would be there, nametags etc.) basically making you invisible unless they see you directly when you have the sniper, that'll be REAL snipering...

what do others think of this idea?

I've been meaning to reply earlier, but the forum was down/overloaded for a minute or so. The idea eventually, is to loose the arrows and keep only the dots on the radar which belong to your teammates. About the sniper rifle; this weapon cannot be utilized in MTA0.3b and we are still uncertain about it being utilized in future versions. The same goes for other weapons as well, such as the Rocket Launcher, the Grenades, and the Molotov Coctail. Not because of their damage or balance, but because of the way they are handled (by actors).

no you dont. all you have to send is if i see me shooting you, its not too much to say you got hit by a sniper rifle and lose bla all your health. you dont have to send to each and every client that i am zooominggg. i am now going to turn this way, what i am doing i see on my screen, and all you have to send is directions, guns, position, which are probably some of them. not the movement of my zoom , and how much ive zoomed. its enough they dont have to seee all that. i am sure of what you guys are doing, just none of where it is going. with stuff like that thou, let me just throw my idea. not much to send just the basics! dont complicate this.

a basic sense of direction would be good for others to see, and thats all, if he is pointing the gun away from you etc.

but from the person that's aiming's pov, he has to have everything in his sights syncd which may be a problem? =)

No, no problem syncing the stuff you see through the scope, if that's what you mean. That stuff is already synced, and watching through the scope would reflect evrything perfectly, just as it does in single player. The only problem lies in telling an actor to use and fire such a weapon. You guys may have seen AI using the Rocket Launcher before, so then you would know, that the dumbass usually blows himself up when he tries to kill you. I have thought of a new way to make the actors attacking synchronized, but I don't know if it's possible to code, I asked a guy called Barton Waterduck if he could look into it. (he is a very good main.scm coder)