Editor suggestions.

Si|ent

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shutting the guns off will be great cause hydra can be used both as plane and as chopper and its funy to race with it and as 1 who like toy cars :P i think it will be great to do some rc baron race (just like in VC but multiplayer)

i liked al the ideas :)

Ok, heres what I would like for the map editor.

Map rule options, DM (last player wins), Cops n' robbers (team DM), freeroam (no rules), normal race (checkpoint race).

The rules are selected for the map type.

Map editor tools, a copier (copies selected objects and the area between the objects) and a model editor (editing objects)

The tools here would be useful for mappers if they are creating custom maps.

Map editor suggestions, object spawn times (timed object to appear/disappear at a custom time), object gravity (i.e., for rocks to start with gravity instead of floating in the air until touched), pickup times (timed pickups to appear/disappear at a custom time), moving/rotating objects (i.e., to set a road to rotate 360* at X speed), timed barrels (i.e., set exploding barrel to blow up at XX XX time), object limit meter on screen (showing total amount of objects with-in the 600x600 area and how many objects left with-in the area)

If you want more detail on any of the suggestions, just ask.

omg!!!

i dont sure that noone wrote that but just now i realized that spawnpoints cant be rotated!!!

the only ay i can rotate a spawnpoint is with the mouse wheel or while pressing ctrl key.

and the biggest problem is that i can rotate it only on Z axis!!!

i got some big problem with that when ive made some "curved break" map (the normal break but as half ball) and i wanted the players start at the top i realised that the cars get stuck in the breaks, bumping them and just drowning (:|) as well if i want to start the map with plane freefall (for example) so i can set starting vehicle as andromeda but i cant turn its nose downwards :shock:

(you can ignore all the text written up there my suggestion is there):

you can allow the editor to edit the rotation with numbers (X Y Z) as you made it possible for normal objects.

as well if i want to start the map with plane freefall (for example) so i can set starting vehicle as andromeda but i cant turn its nose downwards :shock:
yes, but have you played the map called sea dogfight or something? where you dogfight with rustlers in the middle of nowhere. you spawn in the air and becouse of you spawn with 0 speed, the planes will make a freefall downwards (pointing down)
  • 2 weeks later...

ive not read all, so if it already has been posted: im sorry!

Respawn pickups;

Normally, if you die, you respawn at the last checkpoint you've gotten.

A respawn pickup will let you respawn at its position, BUT you do not have to get it, on this way, you can make two routes from one checkpoint to another, and you'll still respawn between them (cause of the respawn pickup).

New players only respawn mode;

If your dead, your dead, but if you just joined the server, you will respawn! This only needs some security, to keep poeple from disconnecting, and reconnecting to respawn [just keep the IP in memory, so the server knows its the same player. :D].

Text;

Ability to show text [like the text at the start of a mission that says (for example) 'Drive to unity station.'], either the whole race, or after a certain checkpoint (for a chosen amount of time). The text doesnt really have to be colored, but it could be usefull (you could make an text: 'Drive to the next checkpoint.', and then make the color of the checkpoint yellow too).

Ability to spawn simple bots and empty vehicles;

- Ability to spawn simple bots (example SWAT people shooting at ya).

- Ability to spawn empty vehicles (example, SWAT truck, next to swat people -> roadblock :) )

How i think the object animation should be;

You should make some basic animations, like making a circle, or going up and down, and you can off course set how big the circle is and how far the objects need to go up and down, the object info (in file) would be like:

object_making_a_circle_with_diameter_of_100_meter
circle

You should also making paths;

You should be able to select some objects; choose option make path;

-Control: you will control it like cars (up and down to move Z, left/right to move X/Y and W/S to accelerate/brake),

-Control: you can choose a constant speed or a max speed (with constant speed you wont be able to change it with W/S [duh its constant])

-Save: just save a path file with the map (map only loads in server if it can find all its path files), paths are loaded when executed, or at start (after the map itself is fully loaded).

-Save: path file names are simply _path01.pth (or something like that).

-Save: map file: (in the path section, is set automaticly for the pathname, or just put it there when saving a map)

_path01.pth
_path02.pth
_path03.pth

object_following_path01
_path01.pth
[there is none, is all in path-file]

another_object_following_path01
_path01.pth