Making mods

Guest crazyfoo

Say I wanted to make a mod for MTA:SA when its finnished, how exactly would I go about doing this?

Would you provide modules and class libraries for C++ or other languages. I understand the fundamentals of languages like C/C++/Python but i'd have absolutely no idea how to port the code into GTA or MTA. Will you provide instructions for this?

I know its possible to code mods. I'm just interested in the technical side so I can try and make my own mods. Or is the information highly classified and for MTA:SA dev team's eyes only?

Not tryin to steal ideas or anythin, just it says somewhere in these forums that it will be possible to mod MTA:blue when it comes out. I think it would be a fun challenge to code ur own MTA games so I hope this will be possible.

Just curious. :)

Blue core has been built from day one with modding in mind, MTA:SA is being built upon it at the moment. You'll be able to take control of lots of elements using c++ and the SDK we will provide. You'll not need to use scm coding at all, its slow, limited and unstable in comparison to what blue makes possible.

The first moddable releases will probably be limited, we may not have implemented some things for you to manipulate at first. The eventual aim however, through regular updates and mod maker liason, is to include everything that could possibly be required by a mod maker.

You should also be able to use current modifications, although some may require some tweaking to be compatible. Along with the more basic elements of modding such as customised cars, maps etc.

Do note this wont ALL be possible immidiately, but we hope within a reasonable timespan.