PC crash Dump while playing mta

rootegy

Question

Hello,

When i was playing yesterday suddenly i got a pc crash dump, that wasn't the problem
the real problem when i restarted and tried to play again
Mta got a lot of errors and i had to reinstall it and as i have a big mods folder "where server mods,maps,gamesettings saved" doesn't work anymore
anyway to make mta read this folder again with no problems ? 

6 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
On 28/12/2016 at 16:38, rootegy said:

suddenly i got a pc crash dump, that wasn't the problem
and i had to reinstall it and as i have a big mods folder "where server mods,maps,gamesettings saved" doesn't work anymore
anyway to make mta read this folder again with no problems ? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, so the issue right now isnt the crashes (did they disappear after re-install?) but you wanting to restore MTA on the old installation directory, which it doesnt work at.

Is the old location C:\multircon or D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5?

It seems you're trying to launch from the C:\ folder right now, indicating the nonworking location was the Program Files one. If that's not the case, be aware that OS disk root such as C:\ is always a bad idea to have the installation due to security/dir permission trouble.

What are the exact symptoms of as you said the ''folder "where server mods,maps,gamesettings saved" doesn't work anymore'': in which way it doesnt work anymore? Does it not read them anymore when you use MTA installation in the old D:\ program files folder, or does it give access permission errors, or something else?

You can already try these steps:

1: Copy the whole remains of the old installation from D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5 (including all subfolders) to a separate folder you create on Desktop or somewhere

2: Run the uninstaller located in that same folder and let MTA uninstall from the D:\ location, don't keep anything

3: Delete the MTA San Andreas 1.5 directory from D:\Program Files (x86)

4: Now download & install MTA from here: https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/?mtasa-1.5-rc-latest (install this time into custom dir like D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5-install2 (name it, just let it be different from old foldername since deleting that old one lets possibly corrupt security values stay in registry, to be re-applied when folder is recreated and re-bug. If you don't trust in doing this, check the spoiler on the end of my post)

Next, launch MTA once and exit, then go to the Desktop folder you created for you so-important config, server and client resource files, and copy the following folders back into your fresh MTA installation directory:

MTA San Andreas 1.5\mods\deathmatch > ''priv'' and ''resources'' folders, copy them back from backup folder to equal location in new MTA install directory (following my dirname example from step 4, that would be D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5-install2\mods\deathmatch).

Also copy from MTA backup desktop folder > new D:\ MTA install directory: MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\config; copy the whole folder to D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5-install2\MTA and overwrite config files.

First delete the newly installed ''server'' default folder (to prevent default resources etc mixing up as you said you're essentially using server), then also copy from backup folder; MTA San Andreas 1.5\ > ''server'' to D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5-install2\

Spoiler mentioned in step 4 if for some reason you didn't want to use alternative Program Files foldername, to remove possible security properties corruptions before re-using old location: (to do after deleting the whole old install folder)

Spoiler

Download & install a registry cleaner such as CCleaner and use only the registry scanner function, to clean any persistent security values for the directory you just wiped out (old MTA install folder), only select and clean the registry scanner results that correspondent to the location of said folder/seem related. (deleting the folder will not remove any potentially corrupt file security properties, it will stay and re-apply them when folder is recreated)

First mta was in  D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5  after the crash i reinstalled in C:\Multircon.

What are the exact symptoms of as you said the ''folder "where server mods,maps,gamesettings saved" doesn't work anymore'': in which way it doesnt work anymore?
I Mean that i lost my game settings and downloaded maps and other resources even the old "mods" folder is already in the new game installation path
For example: when i join and play the maps which played before and already downloaded, it downloads again like the first time

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
29 minutes ago, rootegy said:

even the old "mods" folder is already in the new game installation path
For example: when i join and play the maps which played before and already downloaded, it downloads again like the first time

MTA root folder where it fetches the resources from is still set to the old folder so it basically redirects there, independent of where your currently used (latest installed) MTA install is located at.

As you clearly have issues that the global resources directory isn't being read from, please take all the steps I listed in my first post.

[EDIT: only do that if turns out you have folder permission/read/write issues after step 1) below in this post as that could be an easy fix]

You said: ''even the old "mods" folder is already in the new game installation path''

Are all your old downloaded resources also still in the  D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\mods\deathmatch\resources directory?

Because currently, that's the dir MTA uses your ''mods'' (what you download as named.. resources) from. So if you say ''even the old "mods" folder is already in the new game installation path'' do you mean you've copied or moved that folder from the D:\ Program Files install location to the new C:\multircon MTA installation?

If so, that's the cause of this problem because you made a mistake assuming it had to be moved as MTA keeps fetching the downloaded resource cache from the old D:\ MTA install folder.

1) Then simply solve it by copying back the files you moved to new C:\multircon\mods\deathmatch\resources to: D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.5\mods\deathmatch\ > resources as judging from it no longer finding the old downloaded mods, you moved instead of copied the resource files misadvertently.

You could also choose taking all the steps I listed before so the global resources storage folder is reset (but then besides running the uninstaller located in the old D: \ programfiles install folder, also run the uninstaller in C:/multircon MTA installation and any other entries of any MTA version listed in Control Panel > Installed Programs), but this time (B) before doing that also backing up resources folder contents from C:\multircon MTA install where your old mods are really located.. then re-installing MTA clean and moving back the resources folder contents to the fresh MTA install location.

But after all this whole process is likely unnecesary as I don't see a reason why the D:\ program files old install location should result in MTA crashes or instability issues, and you're as good off just keeping the resources folder at D:\ install folder and just moving back the resources folder contents that you misadvertently copied into C:\ install folder, causing the whole problem.

Edited by Dutchman101