Binds don't work for my controller

Sabfas

Question

Hello there!

I have been playing MTA for almost two years now with a PS4 controller as i'm a console player and i won't probably get used to the keyboard-mouse thing. I have used both DS4Windows and DS4Tools in the past and they worked perfectly. The thing is, i bought a new laptop few days ago that works on Windows 10 (My first time using it) and the binds ingame don't really work out for me. I can move around with my analog sticks and use the R2-L2 buttons to accelerate/decelerate the car and that's about it. Binds don't work for me. Like for example, when i set the bind for entering/leaving a car (Enter) to any button on my controller, it just doesn't work.

I have tried reinstalling GTA SA, MTA and nothing worked. I did even install DS4Windows multiple times. I tried DS4Tools as well but with nothing other than the same results i have already gotten so far.

Surprisingly, the controller worked perfectly with the original GTA SA game (It works perfectly as well with other games) which leaves me with the conclusion that this is probably something related to MTA itself.

2 answers to this question

Ok here is a quick view of what i have done so far:

- I tried to play a bit with binds. Bound the alternative keys to the joypad, not only the main ones. Did this for every alternative bind and nothing worked.

- Played a bit with these two files:  xinput1_3.dll and input9_1_0.dll (Moved them to my Emulator folder.. Tried to remove them, change them a bit and nothing worked)

- Used a new emulator that turns my PS4 controller into an Xbox one ( c360.ce ).. Only messed up my game even more, didn't work tho.

I'm using Windows10.. I started to believe that there is a bug of some kind and i may even remove my Win10 (rip money spent) and buy a Win8 version as there is no option for me to downgrade. I just won't go that way earlier. For now, i'm looking for other solutions. Your help is highly appreciated as i stopped actively playing MTA since this started.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

DS4Windows you use contains the drivers to make Playstation controllers work on Windows, now the point is the version you downloaded of DS4Windows might be different (newer) than the version you had installed on your old Windows, and so might deliver an driver that doesn't

1) work as well with Windows 10, or 2) doesn't work good as intended.

Chances are great that the driver version installed for the controller now (not DS4Windows itself, but device driver) is different from the one you had earlier and it might even be OS-independent (that it's a standard driver revision and for both Windows 10 / older it installs the same, but you just got the latest DS4Windows package that brings a bad driver) so to find out I advise you to

1) Download and install some older versions of DS4Windows to get older device drivers for the controller and see if they work as good

(if you can still access your old PC, try check the version installed there and download/install the exact same version of  DS4Windows. Not sure, but if a device listing shows up in Device Manager for controllers like this, note the driver file version from its properties and compare/download the exact same one after a search. You can also try extracting only the driver and manually installing it through Device Manager, as DS4Windows software suite could also have a incompatibility with Windows 10 causing it, or run a Google search on driver file version from Device manager to download the single driver only)

What happens when you set Compatibility mode of DS4Windows launcher/all executables contained in its installation directory, to the Windows version you had earlier? (make sure to reboot PC before trying after setting that)

And does the controller still function after shutting the software down, relying on only the installed driver?

If you manage to find a version of DS4Windows that dates back to only supporting the Windows version you had before, you can also try downloading & installing that (use compatibility mode on both install and launchers/executables of installation) as the current may lack the ability for controller to be rebinded for some reason. (btw, did you chedk for issues in any other application/game that allows re-binding controls?)

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1