And it starts

Dgtadude

So what?

This is an idea to stop people from mixing stunt with deathmatch.

I tried it and the client asks you to shut the game down

Server Map / Game Mode Changed, Please restart your game.

If it can just shut someone's game off when this message is sent it would be great

But the autojoin is very useful... This "fix" would end that

it asks you to restart, but it doesnt force you to.

not only would it prevent people from mixing game modes, enable someone to make a server rotation, and prevent cheaters, it would also stop people from gathering ammo and stuff while disconnected then reconnecting and suddenly someones car is jacked out of nowhere cause the person disconnected was in it when they connect.

the only cons here is that someone has to reload the game and they loose all their money if they disconnect.

poor connections can make this an issue. is it possible to only allow the "auto-reconnect" feature within a certain timeframe with no game mode change to reconnect without killing the game?

So what?

This is an idea to stop people from mixing stunt with deathmatch.

I tried it and the client asks you to shut the game down

Server Map / Game Mode Changed, Please restart your game.

If it can just shut someone's game off when this message is sent it would be great

But the autojoin is very useful... This "fix" would end that

I've seen that loads of times, when i reconnected to the same server running the same game mode, so i hope it doesnt get based around this message.

When you click 'restart server', why not notify all the clients connected that a server restart is about to take place? Thus your client purposefully disconnects you and re-establishes a connection 10 seconds later, all without the process closing.

i would hate having my game exited when disconnecting. I wouldnt call my computer slow but GTA can take a while to load (Vice a lot at the moment as it seems to pause before reading my play disc after verification before the first menu, that's beside the point - it would take too long anyway.)

Cant the client just not send the player position (as though the game hasnt been launched yet) to the server until the player restarts their game to match the gamemode. If this wont work please say why so I don't make more suggestions with the same problem.