Another way to stop cheaters

njr1489

I was playing mta vc a few minutes ago and was having fun until some guy started cheating. I don't know if I should say his name. A few mta players and I started to kill him together but the only way it would work was to chopper kill him. Then I thought of a good suggestion. If you really believe that someone is a cheater, we should get everyone on the server to work as a team and atempt to kill the cheater even though it won't work that will be proof that the person is a cheater. Just hope the administrator is on so they can ban the cheater.

i don't believe banning is the way to deal with cheaters, because people with chancing ips can not be banned, also proxy can spoof ips. i think the best way to deal with cheaters is by running serverside scripts that test common cheating methods. like: driving to fast, not dying when being shot, etc. don't know how you would script that, but i believe that would be the best method.

i don't believe banning is the way to deal with cheaters, because people with chancing ips can not be banned, also proxy can spoof ips. i think the best way to deal with cheaters is by running serverside scripts that test common cheating methods. like: driving to fast, not dying when being shot, etc. don't know how you would script that, but i believe that would be the best method.

But what would the script do if it found the person was cheating?

I was playing mta vc a few minutes ago and was having fun until some guy started cheating. I don't know if I should say his name. A few mta players and I started to kill him together but the only way it would work was to chopper kill him. Then I thought of a good suggestion. If you really believe that someone is a cheater, we should get everyone on the server to work as a team and atempt to kill the cheater even though it won't work that will be proof that the person is a cheater. Just hope the administrator is on so they can ban the cheater.

I saw you on the FMJ server yesterday - was it on there?

We have a system for Health cheats on our Server.

Any player ingame can ask for a 'Slap' on the player suspected of cheating (!chkhp)

When the player is slapped by admin the player will either lose 20hp (confirms no health hack) or the slap will not work (health hack in use).

If the slap fails the player is automatically banned.

Thx to DJMills for providing this excellent system :D

I saw you on the FMJ server yesterday - was it on there?

I remember playing in the party server for vc and some guy named happy meal was cheating and he was trying to act nice and was always saying be creative. Most of the time he would never get out of his car. When his car would flip over it would flip back. Also, are there cheaters in gta 3?

I remember playing in the party server for vc and some guy named happy meal was cheating and he was trying to act nice and was always saying be creative. Most of the time he would never get out of his car. When his car would flip over it would flip back. Also, are there cheaters in gta 3?

yes there are cheaters in gta3. i havent seen any weapon hackers much (as in all weaps) and any health cheats, its mainly all sppedhackers and carmods

yes there are cheaters in gta3. i havent seen any weapon hackers much (as in all weaps) and any health cheats, its mainly all sppedhackers and carmods

I've also seen some weapon and hp cheats in GTA3, but nowadays I see little of cheating. There really ain't many servers for them to irritate any longer :P

The mfC clan server has a speedhack prevention script, the only downside is: It demands too much processing power (due to mIRC script), and with a full 26 player server it drains 50% of my 3GHz P4 processor. It's pretty obvious that it's too much. Maybe the script could be optimized, if i were able to find time for it.

I remember playing in the party server for vc and some guy named happy meal was cheating and he was trying to act nice and was always saying be creative.

Happymeal eh?

A name well used by =AA=Wheelman :?

Hmm , a Partyserver link also :shock:

I banned HappyMeal for the Shane reason... funny that he is cheating now thou... lol

Next time somone is in red on the VCES server type !chkhp on them... great for catching runners... I can't wait.

But what would the script do if it found the person was cheating?

kick his lame ass of the server..

ermm, so kicking cheaters is better than banning them. it'll run all these checks to kick them? :?