Weapons??

Guest DanSM

When I first started playing I thought this was the same for everyone but now Im not so sure. I have a pretty good connection usually have 20 or less ping on a good server but for some reason its near enough impossible to use weapons. i shoot people as they warp around all over the place and it does nothing. i think i managed to kill about 2 people once but that was because they stopped moving. how to i fix this or if this is normal how do i get around it?

this is common knowledge , just read the forums , you can try to kill people by aiming ahead of them or aiming "inacurate".

Here is a little illustration: newbieaimingtutorial.GIF

You got to try experimenting how far you aim ahead.

greetings,

TempEcho[/img]

thanks but its not just as simple as that, sometimes i hit someone or at least i think i do, and i see them fall down... but they still slide around on the floor, then they get up and shoot me... half the time i have no idea what is going on when im fighting with someone :(

what i dont get is why everyone loves their guns so much, cars, ect are the only things that work well on mta why is the game not based more around the driving?

Thats a known bug as wel. Remember in single player when yous hoot a cop with a shotgun? Well GTA VC (MTA) thinks the other players are "cops too" , so when yous hoot them with a heavy gun (M60 , shotgun , stubby , spasz , grenade etc.) they fall on the floor just like cops in SP. Dont look at that. Just keep shooting where their torso was before they slided onto the ground. You should be able to kill them. If not , try teaming up with someone so you can shoot someone from 2 sides , that should do the trick.

It's not really mta thinking the players are 'cops', It's down to how mta works, its primarily client side. Your game thinks you just hit that guy with a shotgun, so your game knocks him over. In reality due to lag your end or the targets end you actually missed. In your targets game hes still running around unharmed. Your end you will see him flat on the ground and moving untill another animation overrides it, jumping, firing, changing from run to walk etc.