3D object image over screen

iPanda

Hello everyone!

I am interested in the question, what I can use to make draw a 3D object image over screen? To use it on top of other 2D DX functions. I know that this is possible in the MTA. Tell me, how do I do this and that I should use?

Example screenshot:

VYidgDVc32A.jpg

• Moderators

Depends, you can render your peds as the image you showed me.

A far as I can see, that is what you want to do.

Or do you mean something else by 3D object image ?

And about what kind of files/formats are you talking about?

• 5 weeks later...

Bumping the topic:

I have dealt with cameraMatrix lagging when cameraTarget is localPlayer. All the issues regarding scaling, positioning and rotating object are also out of the way. The video doesn't show the object being rendered in a separate RT but that will be an option.

Bumping the topic:

I have dealt with cameraMatrix lagging when cameraTarget is localPlayer. All the issues regarding scaling, positioning and rotating object are also out of the way. The video doesn't show the object being rendered in a separate RT but that will be an option.

Can you tell me how you did it pls ? :shock:

Can you tell me how you did it pls ? :shock:

Get 4x4 matrix of the camera, multiply by rotation matrix, change the position offsets, apply to the vehicle.

Then send camera position, forward vector, and roll to shader so we could recreate camera matrix (needed for fixing the "camera lag" i mentioned before). Then there is a matter of recreating the projection matrix - to make it easy to scale the object. And ofcourse making the vehicle render in front of everything else. Then we need to recreate a gtasa vehicle effect (shader). Lighting should not be affected by vehicle position and rotation. Done effects for peds and objects as well.

Still got some issues with volumetric shadows. But i guess it can't be helped.

A player's real-time display can be?

example

that it clothed, etc.

And I can download your resource? the resource is not working

Works for every camera condition. Renders properly with current FOV setings. Will support every static world object, vehicle and ped elements. The resource is still WIP. So no download yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...