Vice City Problem, Staic Hissing Sound

Gtatari

Hello everyone...

wow I haven't posted here in a long time, anyway after along time of waiting for price-drops I bought Vice City for PC (my playstation 2 copy was fine, but I wanted mta!)

I installed it on my PC, and now when I play, some sound effects sound perfectly fine, while others are just static, or the original sound effect except very staticy.

I tried uninstall \ reinstall, system restore \ reinstall, and i even tried reinstalling directx (since it uses direct3d sound). The ingame scenes, and voices sound fine, but alot of sounds are horrible (like car engines)

I tried googling this problem, but I can't seem to find it, and on R*'s own site, the 'support' button doesnt work.

Since I already have an account for theese boards, I was hoping mabye somebody else has had this problem, and they fixed it?

Oh, btw, I tried the game on my newer lap top, and it works fine, so I know its not my copy of the game... could it be my sound card?

Before you go try what ^ he said try going to the site of your soundcard manufacturer and see if they have any new drivers for your sound card,try that first, if they dont THEN reinstall .

Did you notice this with anything else?

Another game maybe?Im not sure but it might be that the voices in the game are a certain format ( mp3 maybe) while the sound effects are another format and that the problem is only happening on that certain format.

thanks for the tips guys.. Time to check for sound card drivers.

Did you notice this with anything else?

no

Im not sure but it might be that the voices in the game are a certain format ( mp3 maybe) while the sound effects are another format and that the problem is only happening on that certain format.

Yes, infact, now that you say that I realize that the game movies are either CG. mpeg codec, and the viocese are wav, and some mp3, while the radio stations are yet another type. It would make sense that just one type has a problem...

you may want to check the soundcard setting in the sound options (in vc offcourse) just let it do auto-hardware search

edit: forgot to say wb

Tried this, without luck.

Alright off to find drivers...

thx guys.