Server Set up

Guest ChaosReh@b

If none of the above helped u .. I think i know whats ur prob . there is a filed inside the server config file were it says were to list the server , it comes with the ASE ip as default. and SHOULT NOT be changed !

what that is saying is were should the server be listed . which is ase . and if ur trying to find ur internet ip

a nice site is http://www.myownip.com

And LAN ip with instruction above ^

dude can you explain this a bit more clearly. Ok say i've just installed MTA and ASE what would i do next to set up my server. Sorry if this sounds ultra nooby but the last post was a bit confusing

i have read the manual and done everything it says but the server still does not activate. And if you put it on default then how do you know wat ip address to put in in mta cause the server never gets registered with ASE cause it takes like two hours before i get bored of it just sitting there without coming up on it.

Could you guys also help me set it up on a lan server i think that you just have to have the ip of the lanbus and that will set it up please tell me if i am wrong cause i don't think there is a tutorial for this

It is normal that the server saiys it is still trying to register with ASE .. The truth is that it registered with ASE the first few secs .. SO ..

Say u want ur buds do join . go to myownip.com

And give them ur ip , to join ur own server , u can follow instructions above ^ , or connect to the ip u got in the page before this ..

LoL yea i've accidently banned myself from my own MTA server several times because i was impatient and tapped connect in the client all the time (before ASE was rdy) got banned for join flood 8) not any problem tho.. but would be sad for someone to get stuck there, not knowing how to unban yourself from your own server :P

edit: this only happens when im offline, cause the scanner cant connect in ASE, when im on the internet there is no problem, server shows up right away cause scanner gets connection (obviously.)