MTA breaking itself and GTA

Nikolai47

Question

Aloha,

So yeah, in an attempt to fix alt tabbing back in giving me a blank screen, I checked 'disable graphics driver overrides'. I don't know why and tbh it was a bit of a retarded idea as now it's literally completely borked MTA for me.

In short, MTA is crashing on startup and pointing to atiumdag.dll. GTA on its own also crashes at startup, pointing to the same file.

MTA was running fine until I checked that single box. Didn't realise an option could completely break a game.

Here's a list of everything I've done so far:

• Broke MTA
  • Deleted MTA's settings files and reinstalled. Didn't work.
  • Reinstalled graphics drivers (due to issue pointing to atiumdag.dll)
  • Uninstalled MTA and GTA and deleted anything I could find related to either. Rebooted. Didn't work.
  • Uninstalled MTA and GTA, deleted everything and removed drivers using driversweeper.
  • Rebooted, reinstalled graphics drivers (newer version) then rebooted again.
  • Installed GTA and tested it to ensure it worked. It worked fine.
  • Installed MTA and tested it. Crashed on startup again. Now GTA doesn't work again.
  • Gave up and came running to you lovely people.

I've tried numerous versions of both MTA and my drivers. None worked. I've deleted gta_sa.set and it's not being recreated now. The game crashes before it can do anything.

MTADiag log:

http://pastebin.mtasa.com/508094396

Dxdiag Info:

http://pastebin.com/Dptfhk3y

The crash itself:

9dxakJ3.png

cheers ;c

8 answers to this question

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
Try this using regedit to set 'aero-enabled' to 0 here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas All\1.4\Settings\general

I also had the crash, and that fixed it.. for whoever else gets it with Windows 10 (it shows how unstable it still is)

Also the crash happens only with creation of a working gta_sa.set, so if you manage to let it generate one without crashing, and place it back in an computer/it's old crashing state, it will not crash again, as the gta_sa.set file then already succeeded

When i didn't yet fix the cause (disabling aero) i ran it already by using an gta_sa.set file i generated by starting MTA with Microsoft basic display drivers. The file is an requirement to bypass the crash, to atleast have it there, though the bug that remained was when you tabbed and back, it'd give black/blank screen, so in general the aero fix would be the most recommended, other than not using Windows 10 at all.