MTA Freezing

Nitronica

Question

Hello all,

After I came back to this game some weeks ago, I have started getting freezes occasionally. They can last anywhere from 0.5 second to 30 seconds. During that time my game doesn't respond and I can't alt-tab out. It can happen once every 1 hour or every 5 minutes, so it's completely random. I only play race on MTA and as you can imagine, it's very frustrating when it happens, as every second counts. :)

Here is what I tried so far:

- Checked for viruses with Microsoft Security Essentials

- Checked for malware with Malwarebytes

- Reinstalled MTA and GTA:SA on a different disk, HDD -> SDD (no mods are currently installed)

- Cleaning and defragmenting registry with TuneUp Utilities 2012

- Defragmented the HDD

- Ran disk checks on both the HDD and SSD

- Updated graphics card driver to the newest beta version

- Updated to the newest MTA nigthly build

Here is the MTADiag: http://pastebin.mtasa.com/287074312

6 answers to this question

Is anyone going to help me with this?

I was filming with fraps when it happened

The game froze for ~3 seconds at 00:29, but the map music continued to play and the sound of the hydra was looping. You can see the other players in front of me teleporting forward once the freeze ends.

I more or less only play on the Mr. Green Race server

Edit: I never noticed this before, but I get a loading symbol at the bottom of the screen when the freeze stops, as seen in the video.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

If you look closely, when the freeze occurs those planes aren't streamed in and when the freeze is gone (your game resumes) exactly then, the other hydras appear on your screen, indicating possibly HDD problems (slow, failure) when seeking/loading models, fragmented GTA:SA, (slow data load), ''slow'' PC, or a custom script on that server involving texture load/that ghostmod/custom streamer that causes it.

I freed up alot of space on the HDD and defragmented it again, then reinstalled GTA:SA and MTA onto the HDD. Still freezing. I don't have similar problems in any other games. I do however get BSOD from time to time, with the error "system service exception" in win32k.sys. It happened most recently today when I tried to run GTA:SA singleplayer (after I had just reinstalled it). Apart from that, my computer runs completely fine with no other signs of errors.

Could the freezes be related to the BSODs I get? And how do I fix the BSOD?

Here is another MTADiag: http://pastebin.mtasa.com/627941008

• MTA Team

Create an empty file called 'debug.txt' in your MTA install directory. i.e.:

D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\debug.txt

Then start MTA.

When the next freeze occurs, hold down both Left Ctrl and Right Ctrl and MTA will crash.

Then zip up D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\MTA\dumps\ and upload here:

http://upload.mtasa.com/

P.S. You have to hold both Ctrl keys during the freeze, so be quick!

I think it is fixed now. No freezes in the past 3 days. I had lots of windows updates to install (including SP1) and that seems to have fixed it. I didn't install those updates before because it messed up my windows activation (because my windows is pirated). I will do what you said if it freezes again though.