Why can't I kill anyone, are they cheating?

Umm, they probably dont cheat, they probably had weapon pickups. And there is a thread in this forum that talks about the lag compensation of MTA and tells you how to hit people. Also, some guns have really bad aiming, so stear away from them (mac-10 anyone?)

Actually, it is lag. It's the lag other people have compared to you, and so on. Also, the aiming is based on something that doesnt allow total perfect aiming. So if you are shooting him head on, you may be shooting a car next to him, or something, lol.

Also, running someone over doesn't seem to update the health bar. It looks as if you're not damaging them when you in fact are. If you run over them a few times they will die (unless they actually are cheating, of course).

Also, running someone over doesn't seem to update the health bar. It looks as if you're not damaging them when you in fact are. If you run over them a few times they will die (unless they actually are cheating, of course).

Lol, i feel like a n00b. I didnt even know that one :P Mostly because I either hit them into the water, or do one hit kills with the cars :P Dont really go and pin ppl on the ground with cars.

Also, running someone over doesn't seem to update the health bar

It does show on the health bar. It's simply that most times, unless they are very new or particularly unobservant, they have actually jumped out of the way. But due to latency it may appear on your end that you hit them for a split second before thier position is updated, especially if they or you have a ping of 250 or more

Also, running someone over doesn't seem to update the health bar

It does show on the health bar. It's simply that most times, unless they are very new or particularly unobservant, they have actually jumped out of the way. But due to latency it may appear on your end that you hit them for a split second before thier position is updated, especially if they or you have a ping of 250 or more

Ah, I see. That probably also explains why it takes a long time to kill them by this method (longer than in SP).

The methods explained for kiling people work around 20% of the time.

If u get lucky sometimes people will be in sync with you and you can just shoot them normally.

However most of the time, some people just can't be hurt by you, but don't worry, that just means some people can't hurt you either... ;)