rocket arena style

Slothman

this may have been brought up before, but it hasn't been discussed indepth.

anyone who's played quake online knows what i mean, but for those of us with a "?" above your heads, i'll explain:

in quake:

you join the game, select the arena you want to fight in, then you are teleported to that arena where you wait your turn dueling in the small arena.

in mta:

you join the game, select which area of the map you want to play in such as:

-behind the cherry popper

-inside the mall

-the army base

-the mansion

-the different arenas

-inside the airport

-the parking garage

-the construction building (either one)

etc

then you would be teleported there instantly equipped with weapons. and fight it out in 1on1 while the people waiting to play spectate.

the trick to this would be to define the borders around the fighting areas, by somehow making an invisible wall so the fighters couldn't leave.

there are "zones" defined around most of those areas, im pretty sure it would be possible to check if the player is in a particular zone, and decrease his health if he leaves it, as opposed to a physical border, which could require extensive COL/Model editing.

its an ineteresting idea for a gamemode. ive played quake (3), but never actually tried that, i dont like spectating much.

Yeah, I know what you mean and the idea itself is quite cool, but I found it boring on Quake 3 when you're waiting around for your turn (but this factor doesn't seem to deter people from Counter-Strike, so maybe it could work).

sounds more like a dog fight haha, throw two vicious killers in a pin and let them go at it, awesome idea. An arena should be north point mall, such a cool place to fight but no one ever does, probably be one of the largest areas you'd possibly want for such a game tho. Sounds like a wicked idea tho

• 2 weeks later...

sloth i could probobly make the mod for you. Ill COL model a boundary area around cherry poppers. Then strip the mission script in the main.scm and add a couple of lines to where to spawn ppl with which health and wep and make it like trainiin mode for single player. Ill actually do that as a mod (SINGLE PLAYER ONLY)

sloth i could probobly make the mod for you. Ill COL model a boundary area around cherry poppers. Then strip the mission script in the main.scm and add a couple of lines to where to spawn ppl with which health and wep and make it like trainiin mode for single player. Ill actually do that as a mod (SINGLE PLAYER ONLY)

hehe, i did something similar to this. except mine was on Prawn island, i sealed the bridges off with parked cars you could duck around. and instead of fighting one on one, i scripted a gang to follow me and had mini-gang wars, with other gangs i had scripted. tip; the ai is ruthless with the stubby!!

lol, that would be awesome icy, make it so you can fight someone like lance vance or diaz in any of the chosen areas. that would rock!

BTW: as icy stated, this would be single player. if you do this icy, you should start a topic in the other mods section