[WIP] The Sims MTA

logo.png

About myself

Hi there!

I'm William DA SILVA (aka FatalTerror), i'm a 16 years old teenager living in France, from Brasil.

I'm a web developer since 4 years, trying to improve my skills everytime I can, I've learn since the Ruby, Python, C++ and other funny stuffs. I play MTA since.. can't remember but I see that there is not major improvements on it, I mean in the gamemodes. The most servers are RPG & Race and that's quite sad. I know that MTA is very powerfull, he just need someone to show his power.

What about The Sims MTA ?

"The Sims MTA" is a Multi Theft Auto gamemode who's based on the Electronic Arts game "The Sims 3". I want to recreate that univers the most realistic possible but keep some of the GTA univers.

That gamemode is supposed to be something new, different from the actual servers who propose a simple RPG or a Race gamemode with a pseudo-multigamemodes.

What to do ?

I was working on that gamemode before but I've lost the entire project. I've restarted it with some new skills, who helps alot. There is alot of things to do before we could release a first version of that gamemode.

I'll try to explain you the best I can, how it would work:

• Login & Register
    I was thinking to make the gamemode dependant of his website. The player informations will be stored on the website database. When the player login, we ask his informations to the website and he returns the necessary information to make the gamemode work (last coordinates, profile pic, statistics, ...). Why that? Because in the futur website, I want to use those informations to make a usefull website where the player could check his Sim informations without access the game.
  • Camera
    The camera on The Sims MTA is a third-person-view camera, where we can see the map in a "pseudo-isometric" way. The camera is fixed to the player by default. We can move the camera around using the mouse_wheel button or by moving the cursor to the screen borders. By right-clicking to the player, the camera is fixed. Using the mouse_wheel we can zoom/dezoom.
  • Mouvement
    The player isn't controlled by the normal way as in GTA but as the Sims way by clicking to move. On the Sims 3, you need to left click and choice in a menu, to move. Here, all you need is rightclick to move to the click position.
    I figure out how could we make a path finder so the player doesn't walk into a wall like a dumb.
  • Interaction
    The player can interact with other players, objects and vehicles. By clicking, we purpose a list of interactions possible.
  • Statistics
    A player have statistics who evolve by playing. It can be the health, the hungry and energy. The hungry will constantly falling. He can feed his Sim by connecting to the game and feed him or connect to the website to feed him. The energy is used to move the player, if the energy is low, the player move slowly. There is a lot of things to do with that.

Non-exhaustive list. I will update the things to do very often. If you have any ideas that could improve the gamemode, don't hesitate to post here or contact me.

A preview please?

(Those videos & screenshots have been made with the old version of the gamemode, they're outdated)

Version 0.2 (Youtube video)

Version 0.2 (Speed scripting) (Youtube video)

Old videos:

Version 0.2 (Build editor) (Youtube video)

Version 0.2 (Build editor) (Youtube video)

Screenshots

User Interface:

3SFH1.png

3SFJf.jpg

Screenshots:

47f15e0038.jpg
a220c09048.jpg
f219536440.jpg

Videos:

Can I contribute ?

The Sims MTA is a new gamemode, who I would like to be a big one, for that, It would be very hard to me to work by myself on it. So I need alot of help from you guys. It was supposed to be a private gamemode, to a private server but thinking about it, it's better to let it open source.

If you want to contribute, you can fork the project on Github. There is 3 different projects, the gamemode itself, the website and the worldgenerator.

The code may be horrible for you, If you have any improvements to make to the code structure, contact me before so we could discuss about it.

Thanks to:

• 50p for the 3D wall models.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry for not giving news since that.

Hope you enjoy the project and you will contribute !

See you around,

FatalTerror.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
That's fantastic! I can give you code for sex I made long time ago for my rp server needs, but it's really easy to make though. That would be a good script for communities, imagine that in this camera view. I want to see more.

Sadly, sims covered al the sex scenes, like they will go underneath the water etc, so you can't see anything, but who cares, this is mta. :)

Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments.

Looks good to me.

Suggestion:

Use onClientPreRender for smooth camera movement if it's based on vehicle/player offset position.

Yes thanks, I didn't know what were the difference between theses two events.

If someone want to contribute to this gamemode, I really apreciate that.

Actually, I need basic things like 3D walls. (Yes, it's very simple...). I can make it with 3Ds Max but I can't export it for GTA:SA.

If someone have some minutes to spend on it.

There is:

3Ty3W.jpg

And thanks again for all your comments.

Regards,

FatalTerror.

Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments.
Looks good to me.

Suggestion:

Use onClientPreRender for smooth camera movement if it's based on vehicle/player offset position.

Yes thanks, I didn't know what were the difference between theses two events.

If someone want to contribute to this gamemode, I really apreciate that.

Actually, I need basic things like 3D walls. (Yes, it's very simple...). I can make it with 3Ds Max but I can't export it for GTA:SA.

If someone have some minutes to spend on it.

There is:

3Ty3W.jpg

And thanks again for all your comments.

Regards,

FatalTerror.

I can export the models for you, if you create them :)

Not to be rude guys but I doubt (advanced) sex is going to be in his plans for a long time. I am more looking forward to the build and buy section and basic features.

I was just kidding arround, I'm more interested in how much players will join the offical sims server(if there will be one), and the meeting system, also the building system would be nice, or even would it be a normal sims, where you gonna meet other people, or is it just random trollers in a game where everyone is a criminal, robbing houses, or is it more building and playing with yourself arround with your own social life like sims.