Open Ports With Security

neo.

Question

Hey,

I asking my father (BECAUSE HE KNOWS MUCH ABOUT PORTS AND PC'S..) and i said to him: Dad, i need to open ports, for one game, MTA SA. I want to open my server for other users, play, have fun etc... But, he said: Yes, you can, but you need one security for do it. If you open ports, you are giving your PC to other people, so the people can give you virus.

The ports what i want to open, are 22005, 22004 or 22003. If someone can give to me one security for protect my ports for my pc, i will be satisfied. Thanks again! ;)

14 answers to this question

you mean you want us to recommend you a good anti virus suite with firewall and such?

I have used a handful of suites before (Norton, Norman, ZoneAlarm, McAfee) but I recently renewed my license for the 3rd year for G Data (version InternetSecurity). It's light, updates virus definitions every hour, uses two engines to scan for viruses.

Recently there was this attack that a Dutch news website got hacked and was used to infect visitors (of any web browser). Only three suites were able to prevent infection. One of those was G Data, because it's just so up to date. The others were Avast and Kaspersky, which are also commendable. Source (NL).

Well for your purpose I don't think you're at a higher level of risk, except for DDoS attacks. For that you would probably want to enable that router firewall functionality.

Buy a host. home hosting is very slow unless you have very superb internet.

You can get 20mb/s connection with less than 40€ and I have that. My servers (yes, I run 6 servers on my home computer) are not lagging at all.

6 servers ? i only can run 1, how to run 2 or more. can you please tell me ?

Not lagging at all. My RAM tends to raise only when I play a game with ultra graphics and I only have 4GB.

That's true :lol: I have all at low, but my pc it's old, and how is old, go more slow.. But i can reemplace the GB Ram 4 for 5 or 6 and i can get run my pc more fast

6 servers ? i only can run 1, how to run 2 or more. can you please tell me ?

I think, you need to install 6 mta's :mrgreen:, but, more lag! :lol:

Not lagging at all. My RAM tends to raise only when I play a game with ultra graphics and I only have 4GB.

What are your sepcs overall?

22005, 22004 or 22003.

22003,22005,22126 are ones who you should use ;)

You are wrong. 22003 is the UDP server port, 22005 is the TCP HTTP port and 22126 is the 22003+123 compilation port.

If he wants to make three servers for example, he must use 22003 in the first server's UDP server port and 22005 in the server's TCP HTTP port.

The second server would have 22004 and 22006 and the third server 22005 and 22007. Really simple - you just have to make sure all of these ports are opened.

What are your sepcs overall?

1lYAt

http://puu.sh/1lYAt

I built it myself around 7-8 months ago and all this cost only ~800€. That's why I don't understand why people want to spend their savings in some AlienWare 8182172712 model, which costs around 1,900€ and more, while they can have the same experience in games with a self-built model with only 800€. I can run Battlefield 3 with ultra graphics, Crysis 2 with ultra graphics, Hitman: Absolution with ultra graphics. There's no lag, and if there is, it comes after 30-40 minutes while I have already finished most of the map and I can just switch over to high quality instead and play around 1.5 hours without lag.