AOL or ASE ?

Guest Drunk_Driver

Everytime i start a server it registers my server as American.

I am in UK..this is very annoying as most filter it out by default.

Can ASE be to blame or is there a config i can edit to force it to acknowledge my country...

Chances are this is just ASE checking your IP and incorrectly determining your location. As far as I know this is not a setting thing, but I may be wrong.

Does it really matter? .... When joining a Server I don't look at location, I look at Ping.

As i stated i create my own server in UK on ASE Most ppl in UK filter servers from ouside europe for ping reason's which means my server does not get a look in..

AOL is an american product , i just wondered if it had a conflict with ASE and MTA..

Yes in some ways it is a cosmetic differance, to me a UK tag means a great deal...Armerican tag is just annoying. any other game CS for example shows up as UK when i create a server.

So has to be a combination of AOL , MTA or ASE..

AOL = america on-line. If you're using it in the UK, you're still using an american ISP. ASE most likely just does a whois on the ip address to find out who owns the IP address range that you use, then they assign a little "flag" to that.

Get a UK isp if you're so bent out of shape over it.

-Derek

aka slush

It is AOL ,2 mates tried it with same result's...although it's only GTA it does it on..shame..

And i was not "Bent out of shape over it" as you say..i was just baffled. thank's for your help anyway...

I won't bother posting again if that's your attitude.

It is AOL ,2 mates tried it with same result's...although it's only GTA it does it on..shame..

And i was not "Bent out of shape over it" as you say..i was just baffled. thank's for your help anyway...

I won't bother posting again if that's your attitude.

Well, I believe if you knew anything about AOL then you'd have the question answered without even bothering to post here. It's not an attitude we're giving you, its the fact your asking a question which is answered if you did a tiny bit of research. Besides, get off of the MTA teams ass, they made this game and they get plenty of questions that are legit that they have to work out.