Maps - stolen or not?

Phat Looser

Question

6 answers to this question

Somebody uploaded some maps for me, and somebody else said they were "hacked and stolen".

So I wanted to ask:

Are these maps stolen or not?

Where do they belong to?

Can I use them?

Rafinha V 10

Rafinha vol 9

Vortex v8

Sebas Maps

They are probably stolen yes. Vortex is in the same clan as I'm (-ffs-) and Rafinha is a brazilian friend that plays in FFS Racing too, they both don't upload their maps to community, only to selected servers, but as far as I heard they also sell those maps, if you could post the nick of the player who sent you the maps, we could know if they are legit or stolen.

Not sure about Sebas, but he has the same style of mapping and publishing his maps as the others two.

Look its easy, those maps are popular, and after some time authors have decided to start to sell their maps (rafinha, vortex , sebas).

So, the people that bought the maps shouldn't have given them away, but they obviously did (why would they care), so now everyone can have those maps. It is not stealing , its their problem (mappers) if they only cared about $$$ when they gave them away on their own risk.

On the other hand, "stolen maps" do exist, its when someone hacks the server and gets maps that way. This happened for example to SHC, all the maps and server scripts were stolen , I know it because i have them , as well as the maps you're mentioning. But I don't give anything away tho (i like collecting)