Planning to open my own server

At the moment I am hosting stuff on SanZoR's machine, but I am planning to change that and have a walk to a Hetzner server.

As soon as that is done, you are free to host servers there - under the condition that the servers, or at least the non-anticheat parts of the servers, will be kept opensource. If you don't want to release your Scripts to the public, it might cost you a bit, even though the player count will stay unlimited.

Reason for the "open source" idea is that I want to support those, who actually do something for the MTA community and release their scripts. That does not mean I'm stupid enough to host any 13 year old's server.

Also I posted stuff here since wanted to advertise my new forum: http://deification-of-mayhem.de.to/. Its just a test, since I never actually "created" a community before.

But gamenet.fi is dieing, and even though SanZoR supported me as much as he could, I cannot do anything for that community any more. Also, I think gamenet is not the type of name I'd choose for a community, since I don't want to talk about games alone. In other words, I am not sure if SanZoR will host anything again.

The new host will be made, and paid, by me. And also I'm not asking for money, I'm asking for a community. Communities will make MTA more successful!

I wouldn't put my scripts open source even if it's a free host, since 10 year old kids can take the code and run it without even learn how to script, which is not good at all.

That might be true, but do you really think a 10 year old kid will ever run a good server?

He will mix up all scripts bad.

Also, tell that the guys who released their code and maps at https://community.multitheftauto.com/ind ... =resources.

Also, you are playing an opensource mod called "MTA". Yes, MTA is opensource.

I never saw a 10 year old kid claiming MTA as his own.

People is L-A-Z-Y, they won't want to learn Lua and make good servers is there is no reason to do because of an user that released many scripts free-to-use. Just check how many Basemode 1.0 servers there are...

Or check how many servers use downloaded-from-community resources...

If you want to release your script, I would suggest you to just release some part of its code and destroy it functionality, for to make it an example of Lua Code

And my resource isn't a gamemode, just a SCRIPTING-TOOL SCRIPT to make easier to create "bosses" (with more than 250 HP).

Ok, give me ten seconds.

Server side: 
ped = {}; 

function createBoss(pedskin,health,x,y,z) 
local element = createPed(pedskin,x,y,z); 
ped[element] = true; 
setElementData(ped[id],"INVUL",true); 
setElementData(ped[id],"HEALTH",health); 
end 

function setBossHealth(element,health) 
if ped[element] then 
setElementData(element,"HEALTH",health); 
end 
end 

function bossDamage(element,damage) 
player = source; 
if ped[element] then 
local health = getElementData(element,"HEALTH"); 
if health == 0 or health <= damage 
killPed(element,player,getPedWeapon(player)); 
ped[element] = nil; 
else 
setElementData(element,"HEALTH",health-damage); 
end 

addEvent("Damage_Boss",true); 
addEventHandler("Damage_Boss",getRootElement(),bossDamage); 

XML: 
just define those two not callback functions as call-able 

client: 

function onPedDamage(element, weapon, bodypart, damage) 
if getElementData(element,"INVULNERABLE") then 
cancelEvent() 
triggerServerEvent("Damage_Boss",getLocalPlayer(),element,damage); 
end 
end 

I think that should run.

Now that your script was released, do you think otherwise?

Ok, fading out the ped is missing.

A timer should do the job - trigger it client side, make the client fade it out (alpha-10 each frame) and done.

Whatever. Are you going to fight, or what the hell? I thought on Extra Health like on Mission Timer, or textlib; it makes easier to do some things, but doesnt do all the work for something.

Aaaaand I was just talking about people shouldn't release their resources, if it's a gamemode or a non-scripting-helping utility. But do whatever you want. If people becomes lazier and have less knowledge about THE REAL SERVER DEPELOPING WAY, will be fault of the people that released scripts like "Paradise Roleplay".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Kid is talking nonsense like always.Its nothing wrong in releasing whole gamemode.MTA is more interesting with gamemodes like basemode and paradise.

What The Kid said it's the similar to what i said, MTA paradise was a f*** bad idea, everyone just uses it without even learn how to do a simple Script and that really sucks.

What The Kid said it's the similar to what i said, MTA paradise was a f*** bad idea, everyone just uses it without even learn how to do a simple Script and that really sucks.

You are wrong here, only few server run paradise gamemode. Releasing gamemodes add features to mta. There nothing kept in mta scripting. Gamemodes like race, basemode, freeroam, dd/dm, stealth ,ctf etc are good achievements of mta.

The Kid is talking nonsense like always.Its nothing wrong in releasing whole gamemode.MTA is more interesting with gamemodes like basemode and paradise.

Do you mean "interesting" to find more than 40 servers running the same Basemode gamemode? (I know there are some of them that made changes but are about 5%)