what the fucking hell

[DMC]

Question

11 answers to this question

It's similar to those morons posting Craigslist ads for vehicles or whatnot and they throw in "iphone" somewhere in the title or description so it shows up to the many people looking to buy or sell their older/broken iPhones. It's probably useless, but may as well try anyway, right? It's still a dumb tactic, either way.

Are they really hurting anything?

They shouldn't be doing this. It's a pathetic and underhanded way to try to leech players out of better, and more established, servers.

In what way are we leeching players? Are we, in any way, forcing players to double click on our server name or force them to stay on our server. I would call it making our server more search-able, the rest is not for us to do, if a player likes our server, then he-or-she stays and comes back, if not, he-or-she will never join our server again, simple as that.

Why I added it?

Because our clan name (tag) is FFS and if you try to use FFS as a search string, you'll end up with 30 or so servers on the list, because of the [serverFFS.com] tags in most of the servers hosted by this pathetic hosting company.

If you have bigger problems that server - i suggest to close it :P

This IS a bit unfair. You cannot change that, whatever you say.

Well, if you are naming server/clan this way - dont expect to be only one guy on the server list. It's the same if you select your player name as "CJ" - you won't be able to enter 50% servers, becouse there is one CJ on each ^^