Joystick axis binding? [SOLVED]

Maxaxle

Question

Is it possible to bind/unbind joystick axes? I have a Logitech Dual Action, with two joysticks and a basic D-pad, and for some reason the right 'stick's forward/backward axis is set to "special function up/down", or numpad numbers 8 and 2 respectively.

Please help!

SOLUTION: Clear all joystick-related binds (NOT BUTTONS), rebind only the steering and acceleration/braking.

Should look like this, if you have a Logitech Dual-Action (similar to PS2 controller).

[none] [none]

[X-] Left Stick [X+] [none] Right Stick [none]

[none] [none]

Braking: [RZ+] Acceleration: [RZ-]

Edited by Guest

5 answers to this question

You can try resetting the control configuration in GTASA's single player menu, or rebinding those keys to something else.

I meant the actual joystick axis, which doesn't count as a configurable button ingame (though I have seen such features in other games).

I had the same problem, unbind from the file \MTA San Andreas\MTA\coreconfig.xml and then you're able to unbind from the MTA menu and re-bind to your preferred axis.

Thanks!

EDIT: I looked through the entire document but couldn't find anything about an axis, only buttons.

That's because the axis are already bound to the buttons. Unbind the buttons from the specified file and then unbind the axis from the menu.

Oh yeah, derp. Anyway, is there a way to make my gamepad control acceleration, braking, and steering BUT NOT special actions?

EDIT: Nevermind. Derp again, the solution was obvious (clear the left stick and right stick binds, rebind the steering, rebind the acceleration, rebind the braking).