[REL] Animations Menu

Callum

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=603

Overview

The animations menu is binded for all players to F2. Server owners/scripters can fully customize all the animations on the menu with ease. It's also very straight forward and tidy for the clients. The client code isn't too big either so it doesn't cause a massive download for joining players. This is one of my first community resources. Please report any bugs and feedback.

How to use (for owners/scripters)

To add a new animation simply open the animations.map file, template the example, edit the block and code, save, and you're done. You can find all the animation blocks and codes by clicking here.

How to use (for clients)

Press F2, select a category, select an animation, and press F2 again to hide the menu. If you want to change animation just click another, or if you want to stop doing an animation all together just click the "Stop Animation" button.

Known Issues/Bugs

1. The "Stop Animation" button isn't 100% reliable (but jumping works as a substitute).

As I said, this is my first community script so I apologize if it's a bit buggy and/or dodgy. Any feedback and bug reports would be gratefully accepted.

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...

I haven't tried the script yet. However, looking at the Lua code:

1. Don't use relative GUI positions sizes. They usually fuck up under different screen resolutions. (like XX3 noted)

2. Why are you saving animations in a .map file? You could use an XML file for this, which you don't need to send twice if the player reconnects.

3. Make a default file including all animations listed on the wiki. Should be very useful.

• 2 weeks later...
3. Make a default file including all animations listed on the wiki. Should be very useful.

Sorry, Gamesnert, I don't understand what you mean, but thanks for the other suggestions, I'll work on them for a future release.

Sorry, Gamesnert, I don't understand what you mean, but thanks for the other suggestions, I'll work on them for a future release.

I meant exactly what I said, instead of having a small file which contains only a few animations, why not including all of them?