Appreciate any help

sc4r

Question

Alright so, I used to play SAMP, but I switched over to MTA since samp kept crashing on me (I couldn't play for more than five minuets without Samp having a hissyfit of some issue or another). So I am informed of MTA, at first I thought I found the holy grail of online gamplay for GTA, so to speak, yeah, that would be nice if i could get the damn thing to work.

I try to make a server, and it doesn't show up on the server list, so the people I play with try to use quick connect and jump to my IP, sure enough, it times out. No matter what i do or try, it seems I just cant play online. I can run MTA just fine, and play by myself, yeah sure great, but it seems no one can connect to my server, and it doesn't appear on the server list. Funny thing though, when I run the server client by itself, people can connect (MTA Server.exe), but when I try to run a server through the in-game client (host game), nothing for nothing, which leaves me sitting on the sidelines over here.

I use NIS 2010, and have given GTA and MTA full access (Set to automatically accept any connections incoming or outgoing), in other online games I play, NIS has never been an issue, and I don't believe it is the problem at all (Since people can infact connect when I just run the server by itself), but I figured I'd just mention it to you.

Other people I play with (who have quit SAMP and come over to MTA due to Samp being nothing short of uncooperative), have had the same issue I mentioned previously (not samp crashing, but the MTA server related issue). Yeah, I'm pretty burnt out on ideas right now, I have no clue what is going on or how to make anything work, it is like there is some sort of "unseen wall" or something, that is standing in the way of everything I try to do.. By the way, merry Christmas!

2 answers to this question

Well, if you are indeed connectable (remember that the ASE/Game-Monitor port is your game port + 123) it's just a waiting game. It can take a long time (like 24h) before your server is picked up by Game-Monitor's list, and you should keep it open all that time.

In case you need to forwad ports manually you also need to know that the default ports for a server that has been started through the Host Game button seem to differ from the ones that the dedicated server uses.

In my (and probably also your) case that is:

22010 (gameport)

22011 (http port)

22133 (ase port)