noob introduction

tse

Question

Haai i am TSE, a MTA noob.

I've got a humble SA-MP server for 2 years 24/7. Not too shabby. "Coming Soon" SA-MP 0.3 is still not what i am looking for, so now I want to switch from SA-MP to setup an MTA server, but i am kinda lost here. I am missing out on a HOWTO for noobs here.

I got mta versions;

MTA DM

MTA 111

MTA race

MTA 1.01

MTA 1.00

MTA VC.

What version is the thing to start with? I have been using 111 for creating maps. Looking at the home page MTA 1.01 is the newest, but does that mean it doesn't support races? Or do you have to script you own stuff like SA-MP?

Is there a sa-mp like master list were servers have priorities, like e.g. "official" or payed ' hosted" l crap? I don't want to put any precious time in a server again if it can be politically controlled from outside.

Are there any regulations of it? Is there a software agreement?

Is there a scripting wiki?

What is this AMX support?

Please don't flame me with "search", i wanted to introduce too, and just need a link for HOWTO/quickstart.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

hi,

The version you should take is Multi Theft Auto 1.0.1, as it's the most up to date release. The latest MTA releases feature so called "gamemodes" which are scripted in lua, there are many modes which have been done by the team or the old qa team as well as many modes created and modified by server owners and scripters. There is a race gamemode which fully supports all your race maps from mta race 1.1.1

Of course there is a server browser, which can be found ingame, which means you can switch servers without loading san andreas again and again. The server browser however has nothing like the "official" section in sa mp, all available servers share the "internet" section.

Yes there is a wiki: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Main_Page and unlike sa mp's it very tidy.

AMX support means you can even host your sa mp scripts written in pawn in mta using an emulator. however mta and lua provide you with a lot more possibilities than sa mp and pawn so this is more a temporary solution till you have your scripts running in lua. you can get more information here https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtop ... &sk=t&sd=a

• MTA Team
Is there a sa-mp like master list were servers have priorities, like e.g. "official" or payed ' hosted" l crap? I don't want to put any precious time in a server again if it can be politically controlled from outside.

Are there any regulations of it? Is there a software agreement?

At the moment we use an external system to keep track of server. All servers are handled the same and we have no control over the system that keeps the master server list. While anyone can make a financial contribution to the project, that contribution has no effect on the status of the player or the server.

We do not enforce any other kind of regulation (MTA is open source, freedom is important for us). The only agreements you have to approve are related to the source code.