[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using your script on my server for a while. It's really cool, but I have a few problems.

- the construct command does nothing

- sometimes my freeroam and admin menu stops working, restarting those resources fixes the problem

- players sometimes spawn with a zombie skin

I hope you can do something about those. Otherwise it's a really nice script.

I don't know how close to something like Nazi Zombies you're going to make this, but I'd like to either help in development or edit your script with your permission to create a game type as close as possible to nazi zombies. I already have things planned, like I wanna add machines that give you health and if I possibly can, other things like "double tap", etc. If I can create "juggarnaug" I'd take out health. I also would like to make the zombies move more zombie like, maybe by using the drunk animation but I also wanna make levels so they get harder every time.

--EDIT--

I want to use something like this

Though I may have not played this version of MTA zombies, so I may be mistaken and you may have some of these things already.

the reason i didnt use the drunk animation is that it makes the zombies walk way too slow to the point that theres absolutely no challenge. also, its kinda goofy looking, bu thats just a matter of preference.

if your going to alter the script, just make sure ou give credit, and rename the resource so it doesnt overwrite.

if your going to alter the walk animation, you will need to alter the timing of where it checks if the ped is stuck (a slower animation might make the zombie think its stuck when it isnt)

i know what your talking about, when you walk from an area with no spawns into an area with a few, all the zombies spawn at once, it chokes systems and looks a little odd.

a regulator on how fast they spawn would certainly lower the stress on everyones pc, but when i did that, i found that it slowed down gameplay a lot, and zombies no longer came at players in hoards.

the trick is to make lots and lots of spawnpoints, every place you think a zombie should be able to jump out of.

I'm really loving this script. It works really smoothly from what I've seen so far while playing. For other map creators I highly suggest using--as stated in the OP; a lot of spawns and such. It really makes the game a lot more dynamic feeling because you can expect a lot more spawning to take place. This keeps players moving throughout the map.

I'm currently working on a Zombie map called "Outbreak" and it's going to use up as much of San Andreas as I can, and that my server and computer can handle. All over the map will have random pickups, and derelict vehicles on roads and in strategic places. So far it's going well and we'll see where this project goes. If it's sturdy and works great in multiplayer I'll definitely release it.

My only complaint about this mod is that the there needs to be more skins, but I know that will be worked out as more people contribute to this resource. KEep it going though, I really like this.

• 2 weeks later...
this script isnt its own gamemode, its a script that adds zombies to maps. just start the resource, then when a map that has zombie spawns is started, zombies will appear

ah ok so the maps u wrote at the begin of this topic are the only one with zombie spawns?

EDIT: no, the maps just wont work for me! im trying now to make my own zombie map, i added the line to the meta file and loaded the definition zombies, but theres no butten on the left where i can make a spawnpoint with :( please help me!

EDIT2: ok youre maps are working but i cant seem to make my own :(.... no cj with a skull logo anywhere...

EDIT3:(lolz i know lot of edits but otherwise its just unneccesary posts...) slothman, im currently experimenting with manga studios, would you like me to make a skin for the zombie mod? its just a experiment of my own too but id really like to give it a try :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello people. Zombies maps look really good, but i dunno how to make em, could someone make a video. I read that other thing at it never worked properly. I had zombie limits, but i can't see they spawn thing or the zombie defintion

hey i just found out my self, so ill tell you.

when you have started map maker you will see a bar with all kind of options above, go to the definitions button and click it.

Then add zombies to it.

Close the screen and go to your elements tab located on the lower left corner.

then scroll with your mouse to get to the zombie spawn point tab.

Done! now you can make zombie spawn points.

Hope this helps

Hello people. Zombies maps look really good, but i dunno how to make em, could someone make a video. I read that other thing at it never worked properly. I had zombie limits, but i can't see they spawn thing or the zombie defintion

hey i just found out my self, so ill tell you.

when you have started map maker you will see a bar with all kind of options above, go to the definitions button and click it.

Then add zombies to it.

Close the screen and go to your elements tab located on the lower left corner.

then scroll with your mouse to get to the zombie spawn point tab.

Done! now you can make zombie spawn points.

Hope this helps

yes, if you follow those instructions you will see an icon that looks like a zombie hand coming out of the ground.

and Wallmart, i am indeed lookin for contributions to skins, i've been begging others to help for a while. and submissions for unskinned peds are more than welcome!!, all contributers get full credit for their skins.

yes, if you follow those instructions you will see an icon that looks like a zombie hand coming out of the ground.

and Wallmart, i am indeed lookin for contributions to skins, i've been begging others to help for a while. and submissions for unskinned peds are more than welcome!!, all contributers get full credit for their skins.

[21:44:56] WARNING: zombie_server.lua(Line 71) [server] isPlayerDead is deprecated and may not work in future versions. Please replace with isPedDead.

[21:44:56] WARNING: zombie_client.lua(Line 37) [Client] isPlayerDucked is deprecated and may not work in future versions. Please replace with isPedDucked.

[21:44:56] Some files in 'zombies' use deprecated functions.

[21:44:56] Use the 'upgrade' command to perform a basic upgrade of resources.

[21:44:56] Starting zombies

[21:44:56] start: Resource 'zombies' started

[21:44:56] ADMIN: Resource 'zombies' started by $.Kalitonchik(LV

[21:45:50] QUIT: $.Kalitonchik(LV left the game [Quit]

in my server your mode dont work and i have fallowing questions how solve this problem and whot is with your xml

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'edf'. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/User/Local Se...

[21:44:56] WARNING: zombie_server.lua(Line 71) [server] isPlayerDead is deprecated and may not work in future versions. Please replace with isPedDead.

[21:44:56] WARNING: zombie_client.lua(Line 37) [Client] isPlayerDucked is deprecated and may not work in future versions. Please replace with isPedDucked.

[21:44:56] Some files in 'zombies' use deprecated functions.

[21:44:56] Use the 'upgrade' command to perform a basic upgrade of resources.

[21:44:56] Starting zombies

[21:44:56] start: Resource 'zombies' started

[21:44:56] ADMIN: Resource 'zombies' started by $.Kalitonchik(LV

[21:45:50] QUIT: $.Kalitonchik(LV left the game [Quit]

in my server your mode dont work and i have fallowing questions how solve this problem and whot is with your xml

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'edf'. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/User/Local Se...

the xml files arent meant to be viewed by a browser, but can be viewed and edited with notepad. ill take alook at the depreciated functions, thanks for the heads up. if your having problems running the script i need to know more. like what map your using, what gamemode your playing, any ingame errors? etc. but here's a few tips:

1: zombies isnt a stand alone gamemode, its a script that reads map files to look for where the zombies should spawn, then spawns them

2: your zombie spawn map should have at least 2 spawns

3: your zombie map should have a zlimit setting

4: a player has to be near a zombie spawnpoint for the zombies to spawn

soon im going to work on a wiki page for the mta wiki to help people with the script to help people run it, but in the meantime, heres some interesting progress updates

-lots of bug fixes done, not a lot of gameplay effecting stuff, but still some things i figured could work better

-the zombie script no longer takes over existing peds, so if you have a gamemode or script that creates a ped (like a shopkeeper for instance) they will no longer try to eat your brain (the skins still get replaced though, sorry)

-zombies can now attack non zombie peds! so that shopkeeper i just mentioned better have some safety glass ;)

this also allows a unique experience where my slothbot ai script will be compatible, so a good ole humans vs zombies ai war is possible!

i would also like to mention that I am definitly open to collaberation. i see a lot of people altering the zombie script to suit their servers needs and if anyone has a suggestion or something to contribute, contact me.

the xml files arent meant to be viewed by a browser, but can be viewed and edited with notepad. ill take alook at the depreciated functions, thanks for the heads up. if your having problems running the script i need to know more. like what map your using, what gamemode your playing, any ingame errors? etc. but here's a few tips:

1: zombies isnt a stand alone gamemode, its a script that reads map files to look for where the zombies should spawn, then spawns them

2: your zombie spawn map should have at least 2 spawns

3: your zombie map should have a zlimit setting

4: a player has to be near a zombie spawnpoint for the zombies to spawn

soon im going to work on a wiki page for the mta wiki to help people with the script to help people run it, but in the meantime, heres some interesting progress updates

-lots of bug fixes done, not a lot of gameplay effecting stuff, but still some things i figured could work better

-the zombie script no longer takes over existing peds, so if you have a gamemode or script that creates a ped (like a shopkeeper for instance) they will no longer try to eat your brain (the skins still get replaced though, sorry)

-zombies can now attack non zombie peds! so that shopkeeper i just mentioned better have some safety glass ;)

this also allows a unique experience where my slothbot ai script will be compatible, so a good ole humans vs zombies ai war is possible!

i would also like to mention that I am definitly open to collaberation. i see a lot of people altering the zombie script to suit their servers needs and if anyone has a suggestion or something to contribute, contact me.