Weird MTA glitch with Map Editor

J4cobLIVEmain

Question

Hey there!

So today I noticed a very strange bug. Yesterday everything was working fine with the editor, and i made few maps yesterday too. I come in today to the Editor and make a map, first thing that's off is that when i set gamemode Race and put checkpoints - arrow from the checkpoints dissapeared but i said: OK, let's move on. I did 22 checkpoints and then tried to test the map - and it only counted 2 checkpoints so i needed to re-arrange them as nextids to make them work. It only made 8 checkpoints work via nextid, so i restarted the game - and then something weird happened - i couldn't save, load or do a new map anymore because it said that there was some problem with the editor, that save and load function weren't working. It worked again after installing the latest version of MTA. My friend wasn't that lucky because he reinstalled MTA and he has the same problem still.

Turns out it's not a problem that's happening only for me - it has happened for my friend also who tried to do a map. I don't know if MTA developers are putting something bts but i also recently noticed that MTA acts strange. Before it launched way quicker and always pooped up prompt that i have asi files bla bla bla pretty fast, now when i start the app its like loading, then app is dissapearing, reopening on its own couple of times (at best 1 time) (without showing any update prompt) and then it finally loads the prompt about ASI so i can skip it and play the game. Something weird is going on.

5 answers to this question

UPDATE:

Again, out of nowhere it shows this:

[17:23:18] WARNING: editor_main\server\mapsettingssync.lua:158: The resource isn't active
[17:23:18] ERROR: editor_main\server\mapsettingssync.lua:159: bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got boolean)
[17:23:24] WARNING: editor_main\server\mapsettingssync.lua:158: The resource isn't active

?????????????????????

20 hours ago, Neider said:

I have the same problem... yesterday I was able to use the map editor normally, but today after update I can't open any of the maps that I have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did report it on GitHub and even Dutchman responded. Hope there will be an update.

On 30/06/2024 at 18:09, Neider said:

I have the same problem... yesterday I was able to use the map editor normally, but today after update I can't open any of the maps that I have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got a msg. Try updating MTA:SA to nightly build. One admin from a server told me.