MTA:SA Features, full version, etc

mintsz

okay, guys. This is only a suggestion - not a start of a flame war, dont get me wrong.

What I want to suggest is, have everyone focus on main gameplay. Just the basics, maybe a few features that will make it stand out, but, focus on gameplay. When all the basics are completed the progress will move a LOT faster (Trust me). Releasing patches with things to look foward to (New items in map editor, new mode, new available characters to choose from, improved sync, etc) and also including bug fixes will:

1) Encourage people to download the update and not keep the current version to exploit glitches

2) have people play your mod longer, getting new things makes people happy and they like to fiddle with it. It is like getting a brand new video game.

3) People will go OMG this game is cool, and then you release some AMAZING update and they'll go HOLY CRAP and tell all their friends about it.

please take this into consideration, it wil speed up the release date and also give people things to look foward to. people get bored when they have the whole big box and everything they want rather than getting a bit at a time, knowing that the team still pays attention to the project and wants everyone to enjoy it.

This was one of the mistakes SA-MP made. Dont make the same.

:wink:

What I want to suggest is, have everyone focus on main gameplay. Just the basics, maybe a few features that will make it stand out, but, focus on gameplay.

Could you be more specific about this?

im pretty sure he means dont worry about all the extras and release the game w/o tons of features to keep people occupied, then just come out with patches to perfect it

'Extras' are only being implemented after the arrival of MrJax to put it frankly. The rest of the team work where they are best - bug fixing and main features. most of the 'extra' features you have seen at the blog is because MrJax is best at implementing these, and it doesnt slow down the release, rather it adds to it while other team members get on with other jobs.

'Extras' are only being implemented after the arrival of MrJax to put it frankly. The rest of the team work where they are best - bug fixing and main features. most of the 'extra' features you have seen at the blog is because MrJax is best at implementing these, and it doesnt slow down the release, rather it adds to it while other team members get on with other jobs.

That's not very accurate, most of the stuff i've been doing requires work from other people too, and i spend alot of time fixing and adding to the main features too, you just don't hear about it :P

Most of us work around the whole mod, doing bits of everything.

..if there were no 'extra features', why would people decide to stop playing another game/mod to play this?

cause this one will be better made and have sync ;)
thats true however they arnt necessary at this stage.

I would call syncing something like jetpacks or projectiles an 'extra feature'.

..i know people are eager to have a great multiplayer mod for SA, but it takes alot longer when you do it right.

I'm sorry I must not have been very clear with what I was saying in one of the sentances. It's always nice to have some features ~ main reason I'm looking forward to MTA is the sync. I left SA-MP just because of the horrible hit sync. However, all of the 'feautres to look foward to' won't get used... take for example the trailers. unless theres some kinda mission where you steal the trailer and it has stuff in it and you need to return it to your base, I really see no point in implementing it. Don't take it out though :D

I'm sorry I must not have been very clear with what I was saying in one of the sentances. It's always nice to have some features ~ main reason I'm looking forward to MTA is the sync. I left SA-MP just because of the horrible hit sync. However, all of the 'feautres to look foward to' won't get used... take for example the trailers. unless theres some kinda mission where you steal the trailer and it has stuff in it and you need to return it to your base, I really see no point in implementing it. Don't take it out though :D

I understand your point, but we are almost certain that the team features will be used at release, for example. MTA will provide reliable sync almost definately. But a LOT of features have already been pushed back for later releases (ie 1.1 and 1.2) already. The recent posts on the blog show those that do remain in the current version

Sync is probably the most looking forward to thing in MTA Team features are very good as well they will be good for games like break the dam or whatever it's called on samp. I admit there are lots of features that will prove useful but a few that will be sitting on a log. I cant wait to see what's in store for the future versions!

even if thats the case could these features remain independent from the initial release and instead be rereleased gradually as updates regardless of if there finished simply for the benefits mentioned above by mintsz.

No point as most have been implemented already. These 'extras' are NOT slowing down the release, though I can see why people can get that impression.

Good point, but this has already happened with that features that have been put off (as eAi said in the other thread).

There's no shortage of features the team would like to release in the future, there are infinite possibilities with this game.

error, you do not understand at all, i'm sorry to say. not that I wish to start a fight with you, if you watch the dev blog you will get the impression they are working on extras more than the game itself. of course, i don't expect them to be posting "We fixed the bug where you could go underwater and never drown", which has nothing to do with the community itself, unaware of the bug and unexploitable, etc.. However, we know its' not slowing it down, but what I was trying to say was simply dont work on the extras as hard until you have the first version out, then, work on extras all they want. This will lead to my numbers 1,2,3 and whatever other numbers I posted. :idea:

Error, are you a part of the QA team? if not, why do you believe that some things do not slow it down, becuase there are always holdups. If you are on the QA team, please excuse me.

error, you do not understand at all, i'm sorry to say. not that I wish to start a fight with you, if you watch the dev blog you will get the impression they are working on extras more than the game itself. of course, i don't expect them to be posting "We fixed the bug where you could go underwater and never drown", which has nothing to do with the community itself, unaware of the bug and unexploitable, etc.. However, we know its' not slowing it down, but what I was trying to say was simply dont work on the extras as hard until you have the first version out, then, work on extras all they want. This will lead to my numbers 1,2,3 and whatever other numbers I posted. :idea:

My comments weren't directed to you in particular, I was just trying to make it very clear to others who seem to associate the long progress of the mod with the addition of extra features. People who, as you mention, 'get the impression they are working on extras more than the game itself.'

And what you are suggesting is exactly what they're doing.. they are working on the main features harder than on the extras. I don't see why anyone would assume otherwise, knowing that a lot more goes on behind the scenes than they see on the blog.

About your numbers 1, 2, and 3, consult my previous post.