External links not being allowed

Why force creators to use certain services, which could just as well have viruses too? I think it's a little patronizing towards users and unethical for creators. Users get a false sense of security, and I'm forced to use the services you tell me to, despite having my own space to host at.

I don't feel like contributing anything else as-is.

• Scripting Moderators

Hi,

I understand your frustation but I feel you stating that services like GitHub or Imgur would provide a security risk and/or a false sense of security for users is far-fetched.
As you've been explained before, we took measures based on security concerns raised by multiple people.

Nobody is being forced to use anything, we we're only providing you with popular, transparent and well-known/well-perceived to be safe & secure international alternatives to share your contributions with the community. At this point of time, your website is none of these compared to GitHub, for example.

While I don't believe you to necessarily be ill-intended, you have to understand that this kind of adversity towards using 3rd party solutions (for something that's supposed to be publicly available) raises lots of concerns among users and rightfully so. Especially considering your adversity towards using our Community Resources platform or directly uploading your images via the attachments function that our forums provides.

In the end, it's up to you to adhere to our guidelines/decisions/policy and to provide your public contributions in an environment that's well-perceived to be safe & secure by the majority of people. We've stated our reasons and concerns for taking such actions and I hope this post clears up any misunderstandings as I won't go any further with this as there's nothing to debate upon.

• 2 weeks later...

Because you certainly can't host malicious files on GitHub or on the Community Resources page. Your support for luac makes it harder to detect malicious scripts as well! But wait, in that case, it's suddenly the user's responsibility. Huh!

Since this is not up for discussion, stick your fancy rules you-know-where and remove my account.

Merry Christmas.