database or disk is full - Error

Scooby

Hi, can anyone help with a server issue that has just started to happen over the last few weeks?

I use various methods to save data on my server, some is with sql into the registry.db, the rest is by xml.

over the last few weeks ive had this issue where if i leave the server for several days, i get this error.

ERROR: SQLDB/SQLDB_server.lua:54: Database query failed: database or disk is full

after this error, opening of any xml files will fail and as a result, when saving them, will wipe the files.

eg: 

WARNING: TopRecords/topRecords_server.lua:31: Unable to read XML file top_totaljobs.xml @ 'xmlLoadFile' [Line 0: Error document empty.]
INFO: top_totaljobs.xml not found, creating new file.

Does the database, registry.db have a size limit? I dont know what the going size is for a MTA database but my file is 13.7mb 

I have spoken to my host, who say I have have not exceeded any limits on my usage and they think it is a software related issue.

My server is not new, it has been running for many years and these errors have only just started happening to me over the last couple of weeks.

Any suggestions?

The only thing i can think of is to add an auto restart on the server every 24 hours as a work around, its not really a fix though.

I have checked my resource browser for usage etc and nothing appears out of the ordinary, no xmls left open, no unwanted elements left.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Scooby said:

over the last few weeks ive had this issue where if i leave the server for several days, i get this error.

I read an article that stated that SQLite is creating temporary files for queries (I didn't know that), these files are of course not included in the size of your database.
Are you sure you are not saving too much all the time so that your database can catch-up? It matches your case, as it happens over time and you can't open XML files because of the `missing space`.

Edited by IIYAMA

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  

Are you sure you are not saving too much all the time so that your database can catch-up?

I don't know what is too much, as i said, the scripts i have that use the database haven't really changed.

I suppose over time, as it grows, it may slow down and take longer to update.

How long should it take to catch up?

I'm not actually saving new info in it very often at all, but its accessed more often.

I can try adding some debug to see what kind of usage its getting. 

it might be possible that someone has a bind, triggering something that it being called over and over.

and if the memory thing you mentioned is getting filled up, that wouldn't help!

Ill check it.

By the way, nice job with the tutorials, I had a quick look over them, its nice to see the effort you made.

Ill have a better read of them when i get more time.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Scooby said:

How long should it take to catch up?

That depends on the CPU speed as well as the drive. If you change from HDD to SSD, you will nearly eliminate the search time on that drive. But make sure you have enough space on it.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

I can try adding some debug to see what kind of usage its getting. 

?

Also check if there are user input ways that can be abused by your players. If there is a rotten apple in your server, the database is an easy target for exploiting command/input spams that will indirect execute a database request. Counter part.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

By the way, nice job with the tutorials, I had a quick look over them, its nice to see the effort you made.

Thank you! ?

the server is rented, so i dont have much control over the specs unless i pay more!

The checkPassiveTimer function looks like it could be handy, i'll have to check it out once i get settled,

for now my server is offline while i restore a backup. 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...