Jump to content

[HELP] string.match() doesn't however matches


Kazafka

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I dont't really know what i've did here not valid, but please tell me:

enableGarageFunctions = {}
--XML file sets that table to "Y"
--And string.match doesn't matches "Y" with table, that have inserted only "Y" in it
for k, v in ipairs(enableGarageFunctions) do
	if(string.match("Y", v)) then
    --some code
   	end
end

What's wrong? I tried even to do this in XML file (I doubled "Y"):

<list>
	<garage>
		<condition enable="Y"/>
		<condition enable="Y"/>
	</garage>
	
	<taser>
		<condition enable="Y"/>
		<condition enable="Y"/>
	</taser>
</list>

But even this doesn't work. Tell me, what I'm doing w r o n g.

I don't know what I did w r o n g for real.

Edited by VaporZ
  • Moderators
Posted
12 minutes ago, VaporZ said:

What's wrong? I tried even to do this in XML file (I doubled "Y"):

Your table is empty, we can't validate that. Fill it up and than use this to visualise it:

outputConsole ( inspect(enableGarageFunctions))

Open console (f8)

 

Do you want to improve your Lua programming skills and make less mistakes?   Start with Lua Language Server!   ?

 

  Useful functions  3x 

  Tutorials  4x 

 

Posted
2 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

Your table is empty, we can't validate that. Fill it up and than use this to visualise it:


outputConsole ( inspect(enableGarageFunctions))

Open console (f8)

 

In console, it outputs:

{ "Y" }
start: Resource 'policja' started

2 minutes ago, IIYAMA said:

Your table is empty, we can't validate that. Fill it up and than use this to visualise it:


outputConsole ( inspect(enableGarageFunctions))

Open console (f8)

 

In console, it outputs:

{ "Y" }
start: Resource 'policja' started

                                     /\

                                 'police'

I tried to:

if(enableGarageFunctions[1] == "Y") then
  --some code
end

Still nothin'

IIYAMA's typing still lol

dude thats long

xd

I don't know how it could be empty

Posted

IDK how it's not matching, because:

policevehs = {}
--XML sets that table to: {"596, "523", "402"}
for k, v in ipairs(policevehs) do
  if(string.match(getElementModel(player), tonumber(v))) then
          --PLAYER IS VEHICLE!!!
    	  --some code
    end
  end

and thats ok lol

What u can say IIYAMA

enableGarageFunctions

IDK why its empty

After XML sets it

  • Moderators
Posted
49 minutes ago, VaporZ said:

IDK how it's not matching, because:

 

Keep it simple.

if getElementModel(player) == tonumber(v) then

  break -- stop the loop when result
end

 

 

Do you want to improve your Lua programming skills and make less mistakes?   Start with Lua Language Server!   ?

 

  Useful functions  3x 

  Tutorials  4x 

 

Posted
1 hour ago, IIYAMA said:

 

Keep it simple.


if getElementModel(player) == tonumber(v) then

  break -- stop the loop when result
end

 

 

ok, but for me, my ways to do stuff are most understandable, until Im working with other people. Anyways, I will try to work with this table (enableGarageFunctions) today, maybe after 10 o'clock am, and I will show results in other topic. Thank you for the time, that you spent on this topic. See ya!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...