Modified Version

Guest Threshold

I connect to a server and everything seems fine but when I press start a box pops up saying im usign a modified version of the mta client and to please reinstall.

Please help. Re-install what? What do I do

Upon hitting Start Game the client informs you your CLIENT is modifed.

This is an error with the way we temporarily replace some of the games files. When you install take a back up of both weapon.dat and weapon.mta from the /gta?/data/ directory and put them somewhere safe. If you get this error close the client, REPLACE both files and retry.

Thats abit confusing. I take it

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data

Is what it means by the /gta?/data/ directory but I dont have a folder in data called directory.

I do have weapon.mta there though

Edited by Guest
Thats abit confusing. I take it

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data

Is what it means by the /gta?/data/ directory but I dont have a folder in data called directory.

Hmm... I think you kind of messed around with the files and placed them somewhere else. Reinstall Vice City. It will correct all of your mis-placed folders.

I'll give it a shot. Can I backup my save game files like I can in San Andreas. I got them backed-up cause I have %100 and all cloths, max skills etc.

Yes, I think it would. I tried it before. If that wont work, try going on gtagaming, they have free saved files that you can place in your files

Oh for christ sake now it says "Invalid Executable, ensure you have the correct executable installed"

Just downloaded the patch

"To install this patch, just copy over the executable and run as normal. You should see "MTA Server (Patch 1) for MTA 0.5" at the top of the screen if this has been successful."

What's the executable? Where is it

Why do you need a Server Patch if you're not runinng a server? Try getting the GTA:VC 1.1 executable, you'll probably find it on Google.

Can't find one.

I'm running Multi Theft Auto 0.5 if that helps any1

Your location is "AUS"...did you buy GTA in Australia? If so, the exe won't be compatible with MTA because your government is gay and Rockstar had to make a special exe for your country. If you can get the American exe and use that instead, it will work.

Our government's fine but Howard is a dickhead. All this shit his doing now because we've put him in a position so he can anything he wants. Sucks up to Bush so much anyway, bush is a wanker, howard is a dork.

I installed the patch, i'll try it out later

• 2 weeks later...
your government is gay

Yes it is. Especially John Howard.

If you can get the American exe and use that instead, it will work.

Or you could download Talidan's GTAVC fix for Australian and German exes.

http://talidan.littlewhitey.net/gta-vc.exe_patch.exe

I have problem with the patcher you specified.

I have a no-cd crack and the patcher cannot find the version and I cannot make it work. Is there a way to resolve this. Because i keep getting Modified version error. Please reply ASAP!