Things in my mind

xGj

Well, some questions on my mind:

1. Will jetpacks be synced? You could have some cool races with it but i could understand if they wouldn't be integrated cause of footsync if you hit the ground.

2. Will the chopper out of that mission - Up, up and away - be implented? I mean the Levithian with the magnet on a rope under the chopper, you could pickup vehicles who are racing or free roaming on the ground ( or even trying to escape from the chopper, kindda new gamemode ) and drop them in the sea :P.

3. Will the turrets outta area 69 be synced?

4. Will trains be synced to free roam?

5. How will free roam exactly work? Will the players who join the server be thrown into a spawn screen where they can choose their vehicles?

Sorry for the many questions i had on my mind, hope you can explain mostly of them. Keep up the good work with the mod guys 8):)

not for race mode sorry, we'll look into this after our first release

the leviathon magnet thing was specially coded in the scm... you'll be able to implement this with the SDK when we release it. but its not possible inthe race mode.

we disabled turrets for teh race mode, it wasnt' worth the extra bandwith to sync them.

we disabled all trains for race mode, haven't really tried them in multiplayer we'll look into this ( don't expect much for this first release though)

free roam essentially works like this, the freeroam 'race' starts and you spawn in a car in the middle of a field, around you are a bunch of vehicle change pickups. you can drive around and get whatever pickup you want and do whatever you want from that point.

Don't think im new or something. I followd all the news on the blog since it started andd i've downloaded all the vids when they came out. But if you watched the vid yourself attentively you would have seen nothing is about free roam ( except the part with all the vehicle change points but there's nothing shown about the start of the free roam.. )

All the cars and locations are defined in the race file. But I think there is some kind of ingame control like /checkpoint or something to add information from ingame. Not exactly sure though.

There used to be commands for adding checkpoints in-game. This was before the advent of the race creator so they're obsolete now. I think they've been removed.

i think ingame checkpoint adding may still be in r1, as it is good for creating a course while with friends etc.

Freeroam maps will hopefully be created for r1 so you can pick ANY vehicle and enjoy

Sure freeroam maps will be created, but my question was, can you select where to spawn and with which vehicle, Im talking about the start of the freeroam not other races. So like you give players a spawning car and define the locations of each players/group of players :wink: