MTA DM Map editor

Guest g42

I need A Step By Step Noob guide on how to get the MTA DM Map editor to work

give me every link to what i need and how to get the DM Map Editor to work

1. Get a nightly build and install, advisable to not install it right over DP2.x . (Take the one with the highest number!)

2. Get the data files (only the one saying data files) and follow the readme inside

3. Get the resources (again, highest number)

4. Unpack the contents of Required and Editor folders into /server/mods/deathmatch/resources (optionally also unpack contents of Optional)

5. Hop in-game

6. Click Map editor

It might be that your client crashes after a short period of time. For that, there's a simple trick:

5. Make sure you also installed the server attribute

6. Go to /server

7. Open MTA Server.exe

8. When it's done, type "start editor" (without quotes)

9. Start MTA again

10. Go to Browse Games and then to LAN tab, it should show "Default MTA server". This should be your localhost server, with the map editor

In case you don't see it in the LAN list:

8. Look in the MTA server window what it says near Server port. You'll need this for a quick connect.

9. Type "start editor" (without quotes)

10. Start MTA again

11. Go to Quick connect. In IP field, type "127.0.0.1" (without quotes) and in port type the port you found at 8.

This should get you going. Any more problems? :P

1. Get a nightly build and install, advisable to not install it right over DP2.x . (Take the one with the highest number!)

2. Get the data files (only the one saying data files) and follow the readme inside

3. Get the resources (again, highest number)

4. Unpack the contents of Required and Editor folders into /server/mods/deathmatch/resources (optionally also unpack contents of Optional)

5. Hop in-game

6. Click Map editor

It might be that your client crashes after a short period of time. For that, there's a simple trick:

5. Make sure you also installed the server attribute

6. Go to /server

7. Open MTA Server.exe

8. When it's done, type "start editor" (without quotes)

9. Start MTA again

10. Go to Browse Games and then to LAN tab, it should show "Default MTA server". This should be your localhost server, with the map editor

In case you don't see it in the LAN list:

8. Look in the MTA server window what it says near Server port. You'll need this for a quick connect.

9. Type "start editor" (without quotes)

10. Start MTA again

11. Go to Quick connect. In IP field, type "127.0.0.1" (without quotes) and in port type the port you found at 8.

This should get you going. Any more problems? :P

why doesn't this work? i tried it all, but it doesn't work. :(

• 1 month later...