Server patch and connecting to the network

Slyder

First I want to know how to install the server patch. I downloaded it but i dont know how to install it. The second problem i have is when i try to connect onto multi theft auto it constantly times out. I can never connect to server. I reinstalled mta but it still dosnt work. Can anyone help me!!!! i want to play!!!

To install the server patch, just copy over the new patched EXE to the same folder with all the other server files in it, and it should overwrite the old one (click yes to overwrite it).

As with the timing out, do you mean on an Internet server or a Local Network server?

well I've done everything. I reinstalled mta, I installed the server patch, i made sure my firewall wasn't blocking MTA, I tried logging on to the server with the least amount of ping and it still won't connect. I don't know whats wrong with it. But thanks for trying to help me out. If you have any other suggestions feel free to tell me...Im Desperate!

It dosn't make a difference if i try and make my own or play on another server. Either way it still wont let me connect. It trys to connect, then times out after ten sec. then trys again. It does this like 6 or 7 times then quits trying to connect.

I think its somthing with the IP address. My friend made a server then gave me his IP and i copied it and put it in the IP box and we were able to play. Its when i try to connect to a online server that that happens. So im guessing there's somthing wrong with the way im putting in my IP address or somthing to do with the IP itself.