SDK Question (Anti-Cheat)

you mean like seeing if they 'are' using mods or hacks, rather than trying to check if they are?

i know in mta:ma there are ways which you can detect if someone is using particular hacks by checking the way they play the game (for instance in my stunt server, i check a player's score every 20secs to see if it has increased by quite a high amount in that time.. so they are most likely cheating), although it isn't foolproof.

i admit though if blue has a getter capability of detecting if someone is using cheats that will be a major advantage to the game

- Bungle

How is anti-cheat handled with individual mods? In one mod say someone wants to do something like antigravity, but in another mod someone else makes, this would be considered a cheat. Will every mod have to have its own anti-cheat code, because it seems like the same anti-cheat methods won't work for every one because the mods are each going to allow different things?

this actually brings up a good point.

BLUE will have its own anticheat methods.. of course there is nothing stopping addon developers from adding another level of protection. This could be useful in lots of areas, mostly pertaining to your game logic code and keeping that secure... But really there is no limit to what the SDK will allow.

Kent