Community Resources Arguments

Bilal135

I'm going to talk about a few things, which people do and it irritates me a lot.

I've seen quite a lot of topics in which people usually write "Community resources. Nothing unique." I agree to "Nothing Unique", but even if something unique is on community, people still say that because its just uploaded to community.

Why http://www.community.multitheftauto.com is created? Obviously to share you scripts. The shared resources aren't made just for learning, they are made to be used in servers. If you don't agree with that, then there's no purpose of community. Even though, if we use a bit of scripts from community, people say "community scripts, useless server and no fun!".

Seriously guys, stop doing that. I wrote what I think, what do you guys think?

Downloading scripts is easy

There are 2000 servers with downloaded scripts from community

There it makes a server with community scripts: stupid,unpopular,not unique,lame and so on

While using your own scripts is more unique,better,better reputation giving,etc

Downloading scripts is easy

There are 2000 servers with downloaded scripts from community

There it makes a server with community scripts: stupid,unpopular,not unique,lame and so on

While using your own scripts is more unique,better,better reputation giving,etc

Then there's no purpose of community. MTA should remove community, and there won't be bunch of useless servers. Right?

Well its up to the people how they and which resources they use

Community can help people in coding and there are also resources which are useful

I must say thanks to few resources on there i understood and learned new ways of editing,making: tables, functions databases,many things

If you put them together in a nice order they are fun.

I know they are fun, but people still say "Nothing unique and community resources. There are 1000 of servers like this!".

Its seems that ideas have a U curve once you reach a peak there is no going back.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you on people can do whatever they want with community resources as long as credit is given to real author.

And the thing people hate the community resources is because of that (according to me), server's owner( who download more than 90% of resources from community seems to have no knowledge of scripting, thus making users to think, he/she is not hardworking, he/she can't run server and server will be shut down soon and there's no point in wasting time on it. Another thing is that when people see a server with community resources (> 90%), they think that they can also easily create such type of server with no hard effort. whereas people with non-community resources seems to be hard working and will try their best to keep the server running as they don't want to waste their hard work.

Also, some popular servers also run SOME community resources but not MOST, thus making the server's owner(s) to seem somewhat hardworking and making them promising.

It's perfectly fine for servers to use community resources, plain and simple, they're there for a reason.

However, when you use community resources, it doesn't give your server very much uniqueness. Overall, the server might be a little bit unique, but it is still running the same scripts and systems that anyone could get, and put on a server for themselves. When people use basic community scripts (ex. login panel, jobs, etc) it's because they don't know how to make the script themselves (most the time, there are exceptions.) So, if the server owner can't make a basic script such as a login panel, why would the server be unique at all? If they can't make the script, they probably either don't know how to link or barely know how to link all the resources together to make them all work, to create a good server. When someone's server is running on community scripts, it's always easy to find bugs and glitches in the server, and even if you do report them, they don't know how to fix it.

I'm not saying using the community is bad, I mean hell, I learned to script because of the community resources. Just, when you want to make a server, you should at least have some type of understanding of scripting, so that you can create your own stuff that other people can't just download.