Help! At the end of the MTA Server Wizard thing.....

Guest Jochempie

....I have to pick an .exe file, which one? Not the GTA-VC.exe or the serverfile cause they give me the error "429" and it says that it can't create an object or so... :cry:

aha I got this problem 2, easy to fix :) you need to point the server config program to the directory where the MTAserver.exe is (by default 'C:\program files\Multi Theft Auto\Server\') also you will have to rename the exe to "MTAserver0.4.exe" (cause the setup program only recognizes that name, if its not there then it will place a not working MTAserver.exe, or at least it did for me.)

hmm im not sure if it was vice versa, rename MTAServer0.4.exe to MTAServer.exe, anyways the config program says how the file is supposed to be named, ill go check this out now and then edit post :)

edit: hmm checked it out, works fine when you remember to rename the MTAServer.exe (to MTAServer0.4) could you have pointed the server config to "C:\Program Files\Multi Theft Auto\" and forgotten to browse to the server folder? (C:\Program Files\Multi Theft Auto\Server\) I mean when you first installed the config program.

soz I dont know if you have MTA saved there :P just remember to select the Server sub folder when you first install it.

if you can't get the tool working you could alternativly just use the mtaserver.conf, to find out how it works search this forums.