MTA VC connecting but then blacking out please help me!

Guest Sniped

Ok so I have GTA: VC and MTA VC and its version 0.4 I use ASE to find a server click connect and it coems up somethign about incompatible version switching to 1.0 or something but I don't worry about that then I click start game sure enough it works it goes to the big R logo then goes to that blue screen with the dude typing then after that the screen just goes black I left it for about 30 secs and nothing i press enter and then it goes out of fullscreen mode into small mode its still running but then i comes up with GTA: VC has encounted a error and needs to close sorry for any inconvienence. How do I stop this??? Edit: Its not version 0.4 its version 0.4.1 if that changes anything.

Ok so I have GTA: VC and MTA VC and its version 0.4 I use ASE to find a server click connect and it coems up somethign about incompatible version switching to 1.0 or something but I don't worry about that then I click start game sure enough it works it goes to the big R logo then goes to that blue screen with the dude typing then after that the screen just goes black I left it for about 30 secs and nothing i press enter and then it goes out of fullscreen mode into small mode its still running but then i comes up with GTA: VC has encounted a error and needs to close sorry for any inconvienence. How do I stop this??? Edit: Its not version 0.4 its version 0.4.1 if that changes anything.

If you use MTA 0.4, go to 0.4 servers.

If you use MTA 0.4.1, go to 0.4.1 servers.

Ok I'll try that thanks for the help I'll edit the topic if it works or not. Edit: how do I see if there 4.0 or 0.4.1? I would have no idea. Edit (again): ok I set the version and it still goes to the blue screen when it has someone typign then after that blacks out. Also if I try to press enter or space or esc it goes into like half screen and comes up MTA: VC has encountered a problem and needs to close sorry for the inconvience could someone PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE help me I REALLY want to play!

No its a game bought from the duty free in a airport (i think) it was bought as a gift for me and it could have been bought in an Australian airport or New Zealand airport I think it was Australian. If that changes anything.

Ok so I have GTA: VC and MTA VC and its version 0.4 I use ASE to find a server click connect and it coems up somethign about incompatible version switching to 1.0 or something but I don't worry about that

You don't worry about an error message popping up and then wonder why it doesn't work?

It sounds to me like you've got it set to the wrong version. Try setting the version in the top right-hand corner of the MTA client to 1.1.

Ok I'll try changing the version I really hope it works I'm crossing my fingers thanks for everyone's help. Edit: it still happens if anybody could help me that would be great thanks.

australian games have known issues with mta. i beleive the way to fix it is to replace some game files with american game files the .exe and the american.gtx i beleive are the files you need. (dont ask for them here, thats borderline warez talk)
Ok well what you gotta do is in the the TEXT folder of your VC directory copy all the files except for the american.gxt file into the MTA folder in your VC directory.

This is most likely what is wrong with your game, you have a austrailen version of the game and it has some censored stuff for gameplay that makes it not work properly with MTA, its in Ausi and German GTA games. You'll find that your problem has been addressed several times on the forum, use the search button :)

Guess what? I was surfing the net for mods for vc and I found this cool forum with a GTA:LC mod on it it wouldn't run so someone on there sent me a american no cd crack it still wouldn't work but MTA:VC works!! Thank the Heavens! And also everyone that helped me.