meta.xml question

Et-win

I believe that this:

"cache: When the script file type is "client", this setting controls whether the file is saved on the clients' hard drive. Default is "true". Using "false" will mean the file is not saved." 

Wasn't there in the 'very beginning' of MTA and as far as I can remember this was recently added? My question is: Since what version of MTA this was added? I can't find it anymore.

• Moderators

In 1.3.

2011 Mod of the Year - Players Choice #1[4]

January 24, 2012 MTA:San Andreas 1.3 released

Fixes for various network problems which occured in 1.1 and 1.2 series. (including a fix for "Map download breaking often on large transfers" issue)

Added new scripting functions for removal of default GTASA map objects. (including breakable ones)

Introduced a new scripting event. - onClientVehicleCollision

Implemented a new scripting function. - takePlayerScreenShot

Fixes for various crashes and issues. (including "warp glitch", inaccurate heat seekers sync, createProjectile() velocity desync between clients, custom models texture crash, "white models" when using custom models and more)

Added functionality to protect client-side scripts which pre-compiles them before being sent and stops resources from being saved on disk. This is configurable in the resource's meta.xml.

Added pixel manipulation functionality.

Introduced new client-side scripting functions - setBirdsEnabled and getBirdsEnabled

Included a new gui skin - Lighter black - contributed by Aibo

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Multi_Theft_Auto

But I am not 100% sure.

Because before cache there was protected="true", which still works and does the same as cache="false".

Also I don't know which version had the linux fix, when this option came out it didn't work for linux yet.

So yes it all depends on that and when they actually made it working.