FPS Cap

DenCR7

I didn't quite know which section to create this thread in. (Sorry)

Anyway, how come servers have a FPS cap setting in the mtaserver configuration file? Why cant your fps be determined by your specs and not by the owner who's to crap to set the fps to 60 and not 30...

The reason for that is sync... if you didnt have a limit there could be player with 100 FPS and some other with 30 and there would be difference in their game speed. Setting FPS limit to for example 40 will make that difference a lot smaller. Of course servers with gamemodes like race might have that limit a lot higher since the sync doesnt matter so much but in games where you for example shoot other players it is important.

That's my opinion.

As ixjf said, gta san andreas has issues when you run the game at a different fps than 25/30 (i dont remember which of those) because the game was originally made for ps2, and since it's a console game, the fps is the same for each console. The pc version is a shi**y port and not to mention gta san andreas is very old.

An example where this becomes a big issue is when swimming. If you try to swim with 100 fps, your character will barely move.