Changing icons on WIN 98

OrIoN

today, i wanted to start making ym windows 98 look like xp. so, i copied shell32.dll from windows/system32/ and transfered it to my other pc. now on that pc, i rught click on the deskto-properties and go the the desktop icons. so i hit change icon and select the matching icon from the XP dll. now i hit apply and the icon dosen't change. i also change some of the icons in the folder options tap. i rebooted and none of the icons were changed, but in those windows where i select the icons, it showes them changed. can anyone tell me how to fix my probem and/or sucessfully make 98 have xp's icons?

today, i wanted to start making ym windows 98 look like xp. so, i copied shell32.dll from windows/system32/ and transfered it to my other pc. now on that pc, i rught click on the deskto-properties and go the the desktop icons. so i hit change icon and select the matching icon from the XP dll. now i hit apply and the icon dosen't change. i also change some of the icons in the folder options tap. i rebooted and none of the icons were changed, but in those windows where i select the icons, it showes them changed. can anyone tell me how to fix my probem and/or sucessfully make 98 have xp's icons?

Thre icons of XP are bigger then of 98. win 98 doesn't like that

Couldn't you:

a) Use something like StarDock to change to an XP theme (there are some available)

b) Screendump the icons and create individual icons via Microangelo (or otherwise)

c) Use some kind of icon ripper (do they exist?) to convert them to individual icons

d) "Obtain" XP

I thing i will try the icon ripper. i can "obtain" xp easily, i just don't think that pc can handle it.

edit: i found a program, Image digger. i thing that would work. now all i have to do is to "obtain" the part that makes it run.